Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Would anyone like to change their answer? Is Peyton Manning the greatest of all time?

Featured Replies

Give Carson a top ranked defense and the Bengals would have won the super bowl this year. So you really cant say that, because that is just not possible. When your teams like the Bengals and Colts, your money is invested in the offense so it is impossible to have a great defense as well...

I LOVE Carson too but people hating on Peyton now just makes them lose credibility in my book! Bottom line is Peyton is the hardest working QB in my lifetime! I love Carson and Chad's work ethic but they got in a pickup and drove to Indy to watch Peyton and Marvin work!

The best way to judge is to listen to those that play against these QB's. I've never heard an opponent of Manning say that he isn't the best field general that they have ever faced. We can speculate all we want but when opponents say they are the best, it's hard to argue!

  • Replies 64
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

still not THE greatest

This game did nothing to change my view of Peyton, his performance was average at best tonight. I do believe that he is one of the best of all time and the best league right now, but I will not be able to answer if he is the greatest of all time or not until his career is over.

I think it's easy to say he's up there with the greatest now...

I have thought he is for sometime...he is almost there, without argument now.

  • Author

Hilarious that now people are saying he has to win multiple championships. Simply hilarious. You people crack me up. If you don't like him, fine, but don't come on saying he has to do something else.

Hilarious that now people are saying he has to win multiple championships. Simply hilarious. You people crack me up. If you don't like him, fine, but don't come on saying he has to do something else.
You asked the question, is the the greatest of all-time....If based of TD's, Yards Passing, Total Wins and Super Bowl victories, then Manning is not.

 

Others have finished their career, along with Favre who is nearing the end and Manning, may be considered the "greatest of all-time", at some point in the future....just not now in my opinion.

I wouldn't consider him the greatest of all time right now. By the time he is done he very well could be. Imo there is one right now in Green bay that should deserve some consideration and finishes ahead of Manning..................B. Farve. He may not be either but he is I believe that toughest competitor that I have ever seen at that position.

Stuart Scott posed the question on SC as to whether Peyton needs to win another one to cement his legacy.

I don't think he is in the top 5.

I'll stick with what I said previously...

 

Congratulations to Peyton for getting this big win...he earned it, he deserved it and he played great in the process. But, it will take more than one win against NE and one Super Bowl (if the Colts win) to change my opinion of Brady vs. Manning.

 

Again I'll congratulate Peyton on getting the monkey off his back. He played great. However, winning one Super Bowl didn't make me think Steve Young was better than Joe Montana, so it's not going to make me rank Peyton Manning ahead of Tom Brady. My opinion of Peyton is basically the same...I think he's the second best QB in the NFL...but, he gets some points for winning the big one finally.

No but let's see where he's at later in his career as he could end up the greatest.

At the end of his career, he is going to hold every record their is to hold for a QB. If not Manning, then who is the best QB ever?

 

Some don't even consider him the greatest Colts QB of all-time (i.e. Unitas) or the greatest QB in the league right now (i.e. Favre and Brady). He is good, I'd have him in my top 20, maybe top 15.

I think somewhere I said he was the best ever w/o a ring...Now we can put that to rest...

Not yet, he needs multiple championships to be the best all time, That is JMO.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.