Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Would anyone like to change their answer? Is Peyton Manning the greatest of all time?

Featured Replies

Not yet, he needs multiple championships to be the best all time, That is JMO.

 

Now that the first one is under his belt, I think he may get a couple more before he's done.

  • Replies 64
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He is the greatest? He isn't yet but he is certainly moving up the list fast. I think he is sixth behind Elway, Favre, Montana, Young, and Brady.

The good old days weren't always that good people. Don't be afraid to nominate Peyton because it's 2007.

Lets see so you are saying that he is better than the Roger Staubach's and Joe Montana's? I'm not so sure about that.......

 

Peyton Manning is obviously one of the greatest QB's in NFL of all time but not so sure he is the "best" of them all.

 

Give Petyon Manning the Doomsday D for his whole career, I'm begging you. Also, didn't Staubach lose twice in the Super Bowl? Not like he was Mr. Clutch either.

He is the greatest? He isn't yet but he is certainly moving up the list fast. I think he is sixth behind Elway, Favre, Montana, Young, and Brady.

 

I put Manning over Favre.

He still has a long way to go to catch Montana...

He still has a long way to go to catch Montana...

 

Would you rank him above Brady? I'm not looking to debate the issue. Just curious what you think.

  • Author
He still has a long way to go to catch Montana...
Who's in between there? Anyone?
Who's in between there? Anyone?

Still behind Aikman, Young, Elway and about even with Brady and Favre...

Nope, congrats on your 1st super bowl win...still not THE greatest.

He's good but not the greatest.

This Super Bowl ring officially gets him invited to the discussion table of "the greatest QB". Without it, he would have forever been compared to Dan Marino...not that that's all bad, but when it came to being placed above guys like Montana, Aikman, Young, Elway, Favre, Brady, etc...he would have been for that reason. When you're splitting hairs comparing legendary QB's, rings matter. A lot.

 

The good news for Dan Marino is that he gets to keep his title of best QB to never win a Super Bowl.

Claiming someone as the "best ever" is hard to do while they are still playing. Its tough to argue that he isnt one of the best to ever play the position. He's a great quarter back, no doubt about that. I cant say that I believe that he is the best ever because he is still playing. The best ever talk is something that should be reserved for serious conversation after the player who is being talked about is retired. Once again, I think he is a great quarterback, but he has one super bowl win out of quite a few chances. I agree, its very possible by the time he is done playing he will hold every record in the book, I'll save the "best ever" title untill he holds those records and proves he can win another super bowl.

I LOVE Carson too but people hating on Peyton now just makes them lose credibility in my book! Bottom line is Peyton is the hardest working QB in my lifetime! I love Carson and Chad's work ethic but they got in a pickup and drove to Indy to watch Peyton and Marvin work!

The best way to judge is to listen to those that play against these QB's. I've never heard an opponent of Manning say that he isn't the best field general that they have ever faced. We can speculate all we want but when opponents say they are the best, it's hard to argue!

:thumb:

He still has a long way to go to catch Montana...

 

And still may not catch him. :thumb:

I already thought he was the best ever :thumb:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.