Where is Petrino going to sign?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the Rock faithful would be all over this subject. I expected to hear the details of Nick's signing and pending scholly... Find it a surprise that so many were touting his abilities, leadership and game performance (MVP of 4A) that he would go unsigned. Is there a possibility he will go directly to the NFL as a scout or assistant, assistant coach with his Daddy at the Falcons??? In all reality, it seems that there is enough money in the family such that if Nick did not go to college, he would still be set for life....

I thought the Rock faithful would be all over this subject. I expected to hear the details of Nick's signing and pending scholly... Find it a surprise that so many were touting his abilities, leadership and game performance (MVP of 4A) that he would go unsigned. Is there a possibility he will go directly to the NFL as a scout or assistant, assistant coach with his Daddy at the Falcons??? In all reality, it seems that there is enough money in the family such that if Nick did not go to college, he would still be set for life....

I can't give you an answer because I have no idea where he is looking or who is looking at him. I would assume LSURock, AllTell or RP should be able to answer this for you.

He's a heck of a high school player but undersized to play big time college ball. His "abilities, leadership and game performance" were evident for all to see during his high school career. Except for perhaps "leadership," these characteristics do not necessarily carry over to college.

Two time 4A championship MVP. One in 05 in the win over St.X. One in 06 in the win over Ryle. FYI, everyone is "unsigned" at this point. I heard Nick was "leaning" toward attending UofL and walking on. This isn't really as good an option since his family has moved to Atlanta. I'm sure that Jacksonville State is still an attractive option. I'm sure he will check out other options in the Atlanta area. FYI, I think its pretty boorish to come on here and suggest that Nick would opt out of attending college because his "Daddy" is rich. Plenty of rich kids go to college. I would think that you X guys would be familiar with Nick's drive, desire and competitive nature. He will compete somewhere.

Nick is a major talent, but is undersized for D1. This is the reason Georgetown College and Mount Union have such good teams because they go after these kids who are too small, too slow, not strong enough to play D1. But they have the ability, drive, work ethic and heart to go out and compete with anybody.