Where is Petrino going to sign?

^ Its all kinda funny. Everyone jumps up and down about Nick and his accomplishments (justifably so..), yet speaking of his college choice is something nobody wants to talk about or is allowed to comment on....

What's discouraging is X posters placing known, unrealistic expectations upon a Trinity high school senior. Everyone knows Nick is not good enough to play for Georgia Tech. Everyone knows he is a low D-I prospect at best. To suggest that he may sign with Ga Tech is truly disingenuous.

There are many great high school players, that most knowledgeable fans realize, will not have the ability to play high D-I football. St. X and Trinity are made up of them every year e.g. Brent Curley, Ryan Payne, Mike Mulhall. Fans that proclaim the high school accolades of these respective players understand that these are high school achievements and in no way correlate to future D-I opportunities or success. By setting these unattainable aspirations you are intentionally attempting to detract from the high school senior's success. I guess I shouldn't be surprised...

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Its all kinda funny. Everyone jumps up and down about Nick and his accomplishments (justifably so..), yet speaking of his college choice is something nobody wants to talk about or is allowed to comment on....

You missed my point. His college choice makes for great discussion and speculation. I think his only D1 choice was UofL for obvious reasons. That is no longer true. He has been recruited by a few teams with Jacksonville State at the top for some time (first team to show real interest). My problem with your posts had to do with your comments about skipping college and becoming a pro scout or asst. coach because of his "Daddys money". My guess is that if he is looking to play ball its Jacksonville State. If he is looking to just be around a higher profile team its some D1 school as a walk-on. He has shown interest in both senarios.

What's discouraging is X posters placing known, unrealistic expectations upon a Trinity high school senior. Everyone knows Nick is not good enough to play for Georgia Tech. Everyone knows he is a low D-I prospect at best. To suggest that he may sign with Ga Tech is truly disingenuous.

There are many great high school players, that most knowledgeable fans realize, will not have the ability to play high D-I football. St. X and Trinity are made up of them every year e.g. Brent Curley, Ryan Payne, Mike Mulhall. Fans that proclaim the high school accolades of these respective players understand that these are high school achievements and in no way correlate to future D-I opportunities or success. By setting these unattainable aspirations you are intentionally attempting to detract from the high school senior's success. I guess I shouldn't be surprised...

C Rock - You have me confused with someone else. I NEVER said or suggested that Nick was going to GA Tech or anywhere else. I just posed the question: Where is he going?

Let's get something straight...Nick is "good" enough to play anywhere in America...however he is very short, that has effected his "stars" and possible suitors....Nick is a tremendous athlete that was granted everything BUT heighth....I am 100% he was our QB these last two seasons.

Tickets to Trinity's football banquet are available to friends and family members (you are neither but I'll put in a good word for you). That way maybe you can get over your obsession with the football banquet. I think I know what you are getting at and its pretty petty on your part IMO. If you care to know how I really feel, please PM me.

Thanks, but I couldn't get in-I have a full set of teeth!:D

Nick's college choice has been grist for speculation by a number of posters from Trinity, St. X and others. It makes sense that his mom or dad would have commented about where he is leaning at the recent Trinity football banquet.The reticence of Trinity posters to address this is puzzling. particularly when they rapturously go on about every belch, burp or dribble of gruel on the bib of a Trinity coach at the banquet. However, when a legitimate inquiry about what the young man's parents said at the banquet about his college choice is raised, the conversation is guarded more closely than Fort Knox gold. The overreaction by some of our BGP friends from Trinity seems odd.

CentreRocks, my friend, as Freud said, "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar." I took it that the poster that speculated on Georgia Tech as a school for Nick was aware that his pop is now working in Atlanta, and Nick may wish to walk on there. Some had felt, before Bobby left UL, that Nick would walk on at UL. If he could walk on at a top ranked program like UL surely he could do so at a lesser football light such as Georgia Tech. Just as Copernicus showed that the earth is not at the center (or Centre:D ) of the universe, neither is Trinity. Everyone is not out to get your favorite school. Relax.

CentreRocks, my friend, as Freud said, "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar." I took it that the poster that speculated on Georgia Tech as a school for Nick was aware that his pop is now working in Atlanta, and Nick may wish to walk on there. Some had felt, before Bobby left UL, that Nick would walk on at UL. If he could walk on at a top ranked program like UL surely he could do so at a lesser football light such as Georgia Tech. Just as Copernicus showed that the earth is not at the center (or Centre:D ) of the universe, neither is Trinity. Everyone is not out to get your favorite school. Relax.

I've been around long enough to determine when a cigar is a cigar.

Often, the cover-up is worse than the crime.:cool:

Good luck X-men. If I hear something about Nick's college choice, I'll be sure to post it on here.

C Rock - You have me confused with someone else. I NEVER said or suggested that Nick was going to GA Tech or anywhere else. I just posed the question: Where is he going?

That's right. You were the one who said:

I thought the Rock faithful would be all over this subject. I expected to hear the details of Nick's signing and pending scholly... Find it a surprise that so many were touting his abilities, leadership and game performance (MVP of 4A) that he would go unsigned. Is there a possibility he will go directly to the NFL as a scout or assistant, assistant coach with his Daddy at the Falcons??? In all reality, it seems that there is enough money in the family such that if Nick did not go to college, he would still be set for life....

As good as Petrino was in high school, he will not duplicate that success in college, IMO. And let's say, for the sake of arguement that Doug Beaumont and Vic Anderson go on to stellar college careers. Would you be more proud as an H or X fan by the success of your alums at the next level, or would you be more proud as a T fan of the championships each of the last two years? It does seem like non-T fans are taking shots at Petrino (why I do not know) because he is not being recruited heavily, which somehow is supposed to take away from his on-field high school accomplishments.

Congrats to Nick. This should be a great fit for all involved. Coach Cronin and staff are first class and Gtown has proven to be a nice landing pad for former flying Rocks and Tigers. Can you say.... Petrino to McBroom for the score?:thumb: The Tigers are going to be a fun team to watch with so many of our own on board.