Status of Carroll County Basketball and Athletics

Quite a few of the Gallatin basketball players play "the big 3". Outside of the catching position the starters for the Wildcat baseball team are J.R. Davis, Z Jones, Maddox, Brown, Carlton, T Jones, Perkins, and Giles.

Also, Carlton, Davis, Brown, Giles, and Henson were integral parts of the first Wildcat football team that went 4-4.

So are the wildcat parents pushing them or do they want to play?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So are the wildcat parents pushing them or do they want to play?

No, they want to play. Not sure how many will be back for baseball this season, but it would not surprise me if they all were. That is very close knit group that likes to be around one another as far as I can tell.

OK - I'm going to give you all the secret. First you have the governor find a major business - like a big car manufacturer - and have them build in the city limits. Carrolton will quadruple in size. You must also have a superintendent that will keep it to only one high school (that's where the Oldham schools messed up) When you have 2500 or more kids at the high school your chances of winning go way up. It worked for one formerly small county school system:cool:

You will, however, have parents ticked off because their kid doesn't get enough playing time and his older brother started for three years in every sport. :cry:

You will also probably be voted out of your current region and put in with the Louisville schools. Lots of people across the state will not like it because you are beating them now. :fire:

If you don't like that idea then just wait until Chad Franklin and some of the Mumford boys have some kids - they'll know how to play the game.

I may take some heat for this one, but I thought it might be fun.:lol:

OK - I'm going to give you all the secret. First you have the governor find a major business - like a big car manufacturer - and have them build in the city limits. Carrolton will quadruple in size. You must also have a superintendent that will keep it to only one high school (that's where the Oldham schools messed up) When you have 2500 or more kids at the high school your chances of winning go way up. It worked for one formerly small county school system:cool:

You will, however, have parents ticked off because their kid doesn't get enough playing time and his older brother started for three years in every sport. :cry:

You will also probably be voted out of your current region and put in with the Louisville schools. Lots of people across the state will not like it because you are beating them now. :fire:

If you don't like that idea then just wait until Chad Franklin and some of the Mumford boys have some kids - they'll know how to play the game.

I may take some heat for this one, but I thought it might be fun.:lol:

Is that all? Well why we think of that sooner!! Chad's son is less than a year old, and that is a long time!!! The Mumphrey's have left. Oh no, it's more grim than I thought.

Yoda, no heat here, I think that is pretty funny.

Is that all? Well why we think of that sooner!! Chad's son is less than a year old, and that is a long time!!! The Mumphrey's have left. Oh no, it's more grim than I thought.

Yoda, no heat here, I think that is pretty funny.

Good - that's what I meant for it to be:D Maybe Scott could move back home - or are all his girls?

How much better would Carroll County be if Eugene Wade hadn't transferred to Shelby County?

I would guess somewhere around 14 points:

He would get about 2 dunks per game and have about 5 blocked shots

+ 4 for Carrol

- 10 for the opponent

Seriously, that's a hard question to answer because Wade has some attitude issues that are hard to quantify.

OK, we do have a big company that is growing in C-town.. the problem is no housing..but that is a different issue.

I hope that somewhere in that discussion we start some action to address this. I feel really sorry for those kids..

That is my whole intent. I have boys that participate and put it all out on the line every night. We have to get better for them.

I think that success from one sport carries over into the others. I have two examples - Trimble's most overall successful year for male sports was in 2001. There was a group of about 6 boys that played football, basketball and baseball. They had been playing together since youth leagues and t-ball. Their parents were big supporters of them and their sports.

2nd example - we have a lot of carry over success from our football season this year. Our season ended on a Friday night, we checked in equipment on Monday and on Tuesday they were back in the weightroom. They lift and workout every day of the week. Coach Poynter has 30 or more kids each day. Consider the fact that about 5 additional kids play basketball and another 3 play baseball and work out with that team and he has great response for his program.

That explains the success that Gallatin County has had of late. the core group has been together for a long time. They work together as a team.

Love the shasta!!!!

Maybe you guys are just over estimating your talent as of this point. I don't want to bash your athletes, but if you go down the line in boys basketball most of them wouldn't even play varsity at other schools in the district. With the exeception of a few most would be on the JV team at other schools.. Talent at class A schools is cyclical, It will come back around.