Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Status of Carroll County Basketball and Athletics

Featured Replies

  • Author

Thank you for everyone's input. Maybe it is just a lull. I think this horse has been kicked enough for one day.

  • Replies 50
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bet there are 12-15 boys that are not really having fun playing basketball this year.

 

I do agree that an aspect of it should be kids being kids and the fun of the game, but as adults aren't we supposed to help them into their greatness and victories.

Absolutely!!! As a formal athlete, I had to rely on my coach to get me to practice and games. I did not want this for my kids. Parents have to be more involved. The majority of the Gallatin County kids have played together since they were in 6th grade and the parents of these boys have always been there to get them to practice, games and enter them in the camps. All done with the coaches help! The programs have to start at an early age to build on. There is not a player on the Gallatin Team that doesn't have their parents, grandparents and even some aunt and uncles cheering them on every day With a class A school, there can't be just one stand out athlete to make the team successful. I know Carroll County has youth programs and if the kids stay together than you will be successful again! Best of Luck!:thumb:

Absolutely!!! As a formal athlete, I had to rely on my coach to get me to practice and games. I did not want this for my kids. Parents have to be more involved. The majority of the Gallatin County kids have played together since they were in 6th grade and the parents of these boys have always been there to get them to practice, games and enter them in the camps. All done with the coaches help! The programs have to start at an early age to build on. There is not a player on the Gallatin Team that doesn't have their parents, grandparents and even some aunt and uncles cheering them on every day With a class A school, there can't be just one stand out athlete to make the team successful. I know Carroll County has youth programs and if the kids stay together than you will be successful again! Best of Luck!:thumb:

It is one thing of getting them to practice and games (year round) and cheering them on and it is another to undermine the coaches and teachers that are giving of their time to help these kids.

It is one thing of getting them to practice and games (year round) and cheering them on and it is another to undermine the coaches and teachers that are giving of their time to help these kids.
I agree, the last game against Carroll and Gallatin, I was sitting right behind the Carroll County bench and the players were very disrespectful of the coaching staff I guess it was just fustration, but it was still wrong.

Going to have to end this post soon and get to Richmond to cheer Coach Mefford and the Lady Panthers on to victory.

Going to have to end this post soon and get to Richmond to cheer Coach Mefford and the Lady Panthers on to victory.

Everyone at Gallatin today was talking about going to see the Lady Panthers Play! Best of Luck!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.