Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Open Job: Kentucky

Featured Replies

  • Author
2 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

At the dollar amounts we are talking, it is greed. If someone can't create generational security out of $5 million, they are greedy. They grieve for the bigger house, fancier car, etc.

I guess we will agree to disagree. 

  • Replies 412
  • Views 55.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Randy Parker
    Randy Parker

    You have to hire Reed Sheppard as a player/coach.  Hope he starts himself. 

  • futurecoach
    futurecoach

    Always interesting when people try to say Calipari doesn’t develop players. The majority of players that stayed more than one year got much better every year under him. Then even players that weren’t

Posted Images

1 minute ago, FrankNicodemus said:

How many college basketball coaches are there?

I would put Pope in the 30-40th likely candidate to take over the UK job.

 

pope gif.gif

This will go to the next tier of candidates, at least.  I wonder who and how many they are.

If Hurley is out, I would seriously wait until this time next week and make a hard run at Donovan. He can't say anything now as the NBA season is winding down. This time next week they will be eliminated from the playoffs and they see what he has to say.

46 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

I honestly would become more of a UL fan than UK fan if they hire Pearl.

Pearl is a good coach I like his style.

1 minute ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

Pearl is a good coach I like his style.

I'm on board with Coach Pearl in Blue.

2 minutes ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

If Hurley is out, I would seriously wait until this time next week and make a hard run at Donovan. He can't say anything now as the NBA season is winding down. This time next week they will be eliminated from the playoffs and they see what he has to say.

I don't see Donovan coming.  But if Mitch waits that long, I have to think that Mitch thinks he can land him.

46 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

I honestly would become more of a UL fan than UK fan if they hire Pearl.

I had a personal experience with Pearl at the Mason Co. Fieldhouse when he was looking at Darius Miller.  He was sitting by himself with no one within 10 feet, I inadvertently sat about 7-8 feet before I realized it was him.  After apologizing and preparing to move, he smiled, introduced himself and insisted I sit next to him.  For 3 quarters he congenially talked a plethora of subjects including basketball.  When he departed he shook my hand and expressed his thanks for keeping him company.  He left to head back to the Fleming County International Airport?.  From that day I have felt there is a lot more than appearances to this man.

1 hour ago, Jumper_Dad said:

There are a few coaches that I 100% don't want. That said, they could hire Christian Laettner and I wouldn't root for another school...let alone a rival.

I understand. Lifelong UK fan but I root for other schools too. When UL offered my kids full ride scholarships  and UK was the worst offer out of ten, I became a UL fan.

I was at an event with the President of UK and told him about the offers and UK being the worst. I don't think he liked that story.

1 hour ago, Jumper_Dad said:

That kind of money isn't always about greed, it's about generational security for your family. Not saying I think he takes it, but money isn't always about greed.

I think he's making enough to take care of his family for a looooooooong time. He strikes me as the kind of guy that doesn't expect to live extravagantly but comfortably. Most of these guys work so much and have so many perks that they can't spend it.

Is there a date certain when schools can begin to sign players who have opted for the portal?   If so,  it would obviously be advantageous for UK to have a coach in place by that time.   I assume UK is aware of this.

54 minutes ago, Oldercoach said:

I had a personal experience with Pearl at the Mason Co. Fieldhouse when he was looking at Darius Miller.  He was sitting by himself with no one within 10 feet, I inadvertently sat about 7-8 feet before I realized it was him.  After apologizing and preparing to move, he smiled, introduced himself and insisted I sit next to him.  For 3 quarters he congenially talked a plethora of subjects including basketball.  When he departed he shook my hand and expressed his thanks for keeping him company.  He left to head back to the Fleming County International Airport?.  From that day I have felt there is a lot more than appearances to this man.

Sold me with that hope he recruits some Kentucky young men!

1 hour ago, Randy Parker said:

I don't see Donovan coming.  But if Mitch waits that long, I have to think that Mitch thinks he can land him.

Hey it is just another week and it will give the Craft family time to refuel and service the plane. ?

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.