Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Open Job: Kentucky

Featured Replies

  • Replies 412
  • Views 55.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Randy Parker
    Randy Parker

    You have to hire Reed Sheppard as a player/coach.  Hope he starts himself. 

  • futurecoach
    futurecoach

    Always interesting when people try to say Calipari doesn’t develop players. The majority of players that stayed more than one year got much better every year under him. Then even players that weren’t

Posted Images

Just now, All State Baseball said:

 

Was he excited about Billy G as well? Because here today, feels awfully familiar to that one. And when that went up in flames, he begrudgingly went to the guy a lot wanted two years prior. 

  • Author
24 minutes ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

I want to say don't let the door hit you, but he has done a lot of good for UK.

However, I will never get past limiting beer sales the first year after the SEC allowed it, because of his personal values.

That's what you can't get past? That it took an extra year for beer sales...really?

SMH!

One month ago UK was coming off its best game of the year, taking out one of the best teams in the country (UT) in their house. Calipari had his glow, Reed Sheppard was the toast of the town, and people were starting to convince themselves of a potential deep tournament run. If God himself came down from heaven and told me in one month the people that own Tyson Food would be sending a troll package to BBN since Calipari’s is their new coach and two days later Mark Pope will be named the new head coach of UK, I’d called him a damn liar. Or just plain twisted.

Life comes at you fast.

52 minutes ago, Jumper_Dad said:

Clearest signal yet that Barhart isn't long for Lexington. I already thought he might retire before having to deal with possibly firing Cal. Now if he hires Pope, it will be up to next AD to fire him or give him an extension in a few years. Barnhart will be long retired from UK by then. 

I'm sure Stoops will come through for him.  Win his 7 games and make the Music City Bowl.  That will save Mitch's gig.

This is what Mark Pope said about coming to Kentucky 31 years ago from m the University of Washington it could be true tonight as well. 
Obviously, there will be people saying it is a good decision, a bad decision, a good career move, a bad career move. The truth is no one knows. 

Does anyone else think that Pope might be a placeholder to get Reed to stay?  Because he and Reed’s daddy were roomies?    That’s one conspiracy theory I’ve heard. 

It was just announced at the end of the sports on WKYT and also Matt Jones tweeted as well that Barnhart was all-in on this. The word is the jobs been offered and accepted working out details tonight and a formal announcement tomorrow. 

I hope it works out. It has been done recently by North Carolina and Duke. Go Cats!!

If for some reason between now and tomorrow the deal falls apart I can't say I would be disappointed. If this what we got I wish him nothing but the best! I saw one comment that said while Pope may not have the cache that Cal has but he is a better in game coach in today's games and in his offensive sets.

7 minutes ago, mcpapa said:

Does anyone else think that Pope might be a placeholder to get Reed to stay?  Because he and Reed’s daddy were roomies?    That’s one conspiracy theory I’ve heard. 

I sure hope they didn’t do it because of that - because he’s not staying. 

26 minutes ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

It was just announced at the end of the sports on WKYT and also Matt Jones tweeted as well that Barnhart was all-in on this. The word is the jobs been offered and accepted working out details tonight and a formal announcement tomorrow. 

I hope it works out. It has been done recently by North Carolina and Duke. Go Cats!!

If for some reason between now and tomorrow the deal falls apart I can't say I would be disappointed. If this what we got I wish him nothing but the best! I saw one comment that said while Pope may not have the cache that Cal has but he is a better in game coach in today's games and in his offensive sets.

I have not read about him being one of the better in game coaches. However, he definitely is known for having a very fun innovated offense. Defense has never been great, but I know some of you all will be pleased since he will play some zone lol. 
 

I have no idea if it will work, but as I mentioned in a previous post. His style of play should be fun to watch. His style of play honestly should be perfect for a Big Z. So hopefully he can get him to stay. 

A few years ago there were many people saying they would want Kenny Payne to be the next coach, even though Payne had never been a head coach before. So if people back then were fine with Payne getting it with no head coaching experience back then. Then those same people should be happy about this, because Pope has least been a head coach and been sort of successful at places that not the easiest to be successful at. So I am glad Pope has head coach experience, even though this will be a very big jump for him. 

It’s a 5 year deal at 5.5 million per year according to CBS Sports. 

It is time for us all to jump on the Pope bandwagon. No reason to be mad at him, if this doesn’t work out it is all on Mitch. Pope deserves our full support and hopefully Mitch found the next coaching legend. 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.