Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Open Job: Kentucky

Featured Replies

10 hours ago, ChuckT said:

Raise your hand if you think Mark Pope can out Coach any of the following:
Nate Oates
Rick Barnes
Chris Beard
Buzz Williams
Cal

I don’t get it.   

Smells like a panic hire!!

I am raising my hand.  He out coached Self and a few others this year!

  • Replies 412
  • Views 55.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Randy Parker
    Randy Parker

    You have to hire Reed Sheppard as a player/coach.  Hope he starts himself. 

  • futurecoach
    futurecoach

    Always interesting when people try to say Calipari doesn’t develop players. The majority of players that stayed more than one year got much better every year under him. Then even players that weren’t

Posted Images

I would love to see Pope add Sheppard to the coaching staff.

53 minutes ago, FrankNicodemus said:

Another thing on Pope, the dude has basketball in his blood.  The guy super smart was going to Med School to be a Doctor!!!  After a few years at Med School, said you no what I miss basketball too much and want to get into coaching!  This guy is going to put every ounce into this program.

Plus in my mind I just (it's a feeling I get) think he is going to care more about hanging Final Four/Championship banners in Rupp then recruiting 1st round NBA draft picks.  I just feel like he is going to build a team that is built to WIN in college for his beloved UK Wildcats.  I realize I am bias b/c I can't stand NBA and could care less that Cal has 50+ UK players playing or played in the NBA, what I care about is the fact that he had all that NBA talent and we hung 1 Championship banner in Rupp in 15 years!

I can't compare what he has done at Utah Valley and BYU and think its going to hinder his ability to succeed at UK.  It's like The Field of Dreams, if he builds it, People will Come!!!  When People show up, so will their $$$$.  I love the fact that he will have all those Old School Mid 1990s players around the program when BBN was created!!!! 

Kool - Aid has been drunk baby!!!!

Agreed with mostly everything in this post. Only thing I disagree with and this is just not you, but everyone that acts like Cal didn’t care about winning championships. Way to many people took what Cal to serious when he talked about getting players to the NBA and draft night. He is a salesman, and knew saying that is what players and parents wanted to hear. How he is going to do what is best for them to be successful in life and achieve their dreams.
 

Cal has a huge ego and so I guarantee there is nothing more he wanted than to have had gone 40 and 0 and hung as many banners as possible and be ahead of UCLA. Which he believe the best way to do that was getting the best talent, and to do that was to say things like he did about the NBA. Which that philosophy worked great his first 9 years. Just unfortunately that all changed when covid came and the game got older very quickly. 

2 minutes ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

I would love to see Pope add Sheppard to the coaching staff.

I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if he did add a former wildcat to his staff. I don’t it would be Sheppard though, I could see Scott Padgett who has been coaching. I also hope he can keep Tyler Ullis. I think Ullis is a very good up and coming coach. Then fill out the rest of the staff with people good at recruiting, and or good at whatever he views his weakness is as a coach. 

1 hour ago, FrankNicodemus said:

I realize I need to eat crow from my post yesterday saying Mark Pope should be in the 30-40th choice to be the UK Head Coach.  I am man enough to put that aside and be his biggest supporter.  I read a fantastic tweet from Seth Davis from last night, let me repeat it:

Quote:

The year before he was hired at Duke, Coach K went 9-17 at Army

Roy Williams was the 3rd assistant at UNC when he was hired by Kansas

Tom Izzo never been a head coach when he was hired at Mich State.

Jay Wright never won a tourney game at Hofstra

Lastly, on a "sign" perspective....I woke up today and asked for a sign to tell me as a BBN loyalist what I should do.....got in my car and what started playing "Faith" by George Michael....

I am ready....whose with me!  GO BIG BLUE!!!!!

 

 

 

Count me in, the hiring of his staff will probably be VERY important, needs a good, young one that can knock it out of the park on the recruiting trail 

1 hour ago, okie1 said:

I am raising my hand.  He out coached Self and a few others this year!

Agree.  He is a MUCH better in game coach than Cal

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.