Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Open Job: Kentucky

Featured Replies

Well I figured might as well learn some more things about Pope the coach. I do think he will play a style that fans like. Reading some old articles on his teams and apparently he wants his teams to shoot 30 threes a night. Will press some, zone some, etc. So most likely will see a similar style of play as we saw when Pitino was here coaching him. So in that regard fans should like the style of play. 
 

Here is an article of him and his team back in January of this year. 
 

https://kslsports.com/509433/byu-basketball-mark-pope-big-12-play-expectations-first-season/

 

  • Replies 412
  • Views 55.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Randy Parker
    Randy Parker

    You have to hire Reed Sheppard as a player/coach.  Hope he starts himself. 

  • futurecoach
    futurecoach

    Always interesting when people try to say Calipari doesn’t develop players. The majority of players that stayed more than one year got much better every year under him. Then even players that weren’t

Posted Images

Just now, Randy Parker said:

In defense of Mitch, he went hard after two legitimate candidates.  One is the best in the nation.  Offered him more than anyone has ever been paid to coach in college basketball.  Both turned us down.

I don't know if he reached out to any others, but he swung for the fences.  Two high-profile rejections and I don't think Mitch can be blamed for those.  I really think those are on a large group of fans who are incredibly fickle and difficult to please.

Still, there most certainly had to be a better candidate than Pope.

I don’t blame Mitch for the rejections, and in fact laud him for those pursuits. 
 

But to use the analogy, he swung for the fences for his first two strikes and then laid down a bunt just to get contact. He better hope it doesn’t roll foul and he manages to get on base. Maybe gets a steal and a couple of passed balls to round the bases. 

As hilarious as this is, I’ll believe it when I actually see it. 

Hopefully he turns into being our version of Dan Hurley, or Nate Oats. Both didn’t do to much before getting their shots at UConn and Bama, and now became two of the best ones in the game. Hopefully that is what we get with Pope, who as I just mentioned should bring a fun style Of play at least. 

  • Author

Clearest signal yet that Barhart isn't long for Lexington. I already thought he might retire before having to deal with possibly firing Cal. Now if he hires Pope, it will be up to next AD to fire him or give him an extension in a few years. Barnhart will be long retired from UK by then. 

Giving myself one night.

Tomorrow, I'm all in on Mark Pope leading us to #9. But tonight...many wanted anyone but Calipari. Anything is better than another year of Caliapri. I'm sick over the last few weeks. I hate this. Many of BBN should really look in the mirror tonight, myself included (we all have different reasons).

Tonight...this sucks.

Tomorrow, we ride with Pope to #9.

 

Raise your hand if you think Mark Pope can out Coach any of the following:
Nate Oates
Rick Barnes
Chris Beard
Buzz Williams
Cal

I don’t get it.   

Smells like a panic hire!!

20 minutes ago, Jumper_Dad said:

Clearest signal yet that Barhart isn't long for Lexington. I already thought he might retire before having to deal with possibly firing Cal. Now if he hires Pope, it will be up to next AD to fire him or give him an extension in a few years. Barnhart will be long retired from UK by then. 

I want to say don't let the door hit you, but he has done a lot of good for UK.

However, I will never get past limiting beer sales the first year after the SEC allowed it, because of his personal values.

Maybe Mad Dog and Stephen A were right. 

2 minutes ago, All State Baseball said:


 

No one is happy about this….

When everyone is surprised…. not a good sign. 

2 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

 

Well at least there is that. I’m sure they leaked that now because of what they’re seeing in reactions to this monstrosity of a (potential) hire. 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.