Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Open Job: Kentucky

Featured Replies

  • Replies 412
  • Views 55.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Randy Parker
    Randy Parker

    You have to hire Reed Sheppard as a player/coach.  Hope he starts himself. 

  • futurecoach
    futurecoach

    Always interesting when people try to say Calipari doesn’t develop players. The majority of players that stayed more than one year got much better every year under him. Then even players that weren’t

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

I honestly would become more of a UL fan than UK fan if they hire Pearl.

You may have addressed this before, but I’m curious as to why? Pearl seems very similar to what Calipari was when UK hired him and the past he had. 

1 hour ago, Randy Parker said:

I don't see Donovan coming.  But if Mitch waits that long, I have to think that Mitch thinks he can land him.

I would not jump to go after a 2nd tier coach like Pope until after the Bulls are out of the playoffs which will be as soon as next Tuesday and more than likely by next Friday. I would rather wait a week and go after a coach of Donovan's ability and then if it doesn't work those 2nd tier coaches (Pope) will still be there and would still jump at the chance you would not really be wasting anything in my opinion.

Well the guy I have said now for a couple of years every time a who replaces Cal thread came up seems to be the front runner now in Billy Donovan. I think he would do a great job here, and is worth waiting until next week now for. If he doesn’t come then Pearl, and Pitino would be my next two calls. If you can’t get any of those, then I do think you take a chance at finding the next up and up and coming coach like a Golden from Florida or Pope from BYU. I would rather have Golden than Pope though if we are going to take a chance on someone. 

11 minutes ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

I would not jump to go after a 2nd tier coach like Pope until after the Bulls are out of the playoffs which will be as soon as next Tuesday and more than likely by next Friday. I would rather wait a week and go after a coach of Donovan's ability and then if it doesn't work those 2nd tier coaches (Pope) will still be there and would still jump at the chance you would not really be wasting anything in my opinion.

You and I seem to be in agreement on things for once in regards to this UK coaching search. ?

14 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

You and I seem to be in agreement on things for once in regards to this UK coaching search. ?

He would have been my first or second choice honestly but now I would go hard for him. Any of the guys left will take it tomorrow or in 7-10 days in my opinion.

Y’all are crazy if you want Mark Pope as the next coach. Mitch couldn’t sell that hire to the ocean let alone BBN. That would be a complete revolt of BBN. 
 

I think it’s Billy D. His wife is on board. He’s expressed interest in the job this go around. I think (hope and pray) it’s him. 

7 minutes ago, All State Baseball said:

Y’all are crazy if you want Mark Pope as the next coach. Mitch couldn’t sell that hire to the ocean let alone BBN. 
 

I think it’s Billy D. His wife is on board. He’s expressed interest in the job this go around. I think (hope and pray) it’s him. 

Why do you say his wife is on board?

Next question for anyone - why do they have to wait till next week to talk to Donovan? It's NBA to NCAA. No conflicts.

Donovan has been removed from the college game for several years. I asked one of his former assistants how he enjoyed coaching in the NBA when Donovan was at OKC. His exact words: "Well, there's no recruiting". I guess he's changed his mind? Seems like it would be worse than ever with NIL and the portal. But hey, you never know.

  • Author
2 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

I understand. Lifelong UK fan but I root for other schools too. When UL offered my kids full ride scholarships  and UK was the worst offer out of ten, I became a UL fan.

I was at an event with the President of UK and told him about the offers and UK being the worst. I don't think he liked that story.

If my grandson ended up at Louisville I'd be all in...for four years. Short of that, they are on my permanent no-fly list.

1 hour ago, futurecoach said:

You may have addressed this before, but I’m curious as to why? Pearl seems very similar to what Calipari was when UK hired him and the past he had. 

I see him as more showman than coach. He is someone who I get bad vibes from. I feel like his level of success is not as good as people think it is. Twenty years as a D1 coach. Five times his teams didn't even qualify for March Madness. One fourth of his years he didn't even make the tournament. Of the 13 teams he was in the tourney, 4 round 1 losses, 4 round 2 losses, 3 sweet 16's, 1 elite 8. 1 final four. So most importantly to BBN, I question his ability to win a title.

You are the best person to pose this to. Why do you like Pearl? 

31 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Next question for anyone - why do they have to wait till next week to talk to Donovan?

I would assume it is the same reason schools don't talk to college coaches while their teams are still playing.

The only regular season UK game I’ve seen that didn’t involve peach baskets was about 14 months ago.  Pearl’s Tigers got boat raced by nearly 40.   
 

Now he seems to be a frontrunner.  How things change. 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.