Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Open Job: Kentucky

Featured Replies

8 minutes ago, theguru said:

pawnstars.jpg

We might need a “booooooo!” button on BGP for stuff like this. ?

  • Replies 412
  • Views 55.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Randy Parker
    Randy Parker

    You have to hire Reed Sheppard as a player/coach.  Hope he starts himself. 

  • futurecoach
    futurecoach

    Always interesting when people try to say Calipari doesn’t develop players. The majority of players that stayed more than one year got much better every year under him. Then even players that weren’t

Posted Images

The more I read on Twitter or X, the more I realize that none of them actually know anything. It is all speculation and they are just guessing or saying what think they heard. 

 

 

10 minutes ago, sweet16 said:

The more I read on Twitter or X, the more I realize that none of them actually know anything. It is all speculation and they are just guessing or saying they heard. 

 

 

It's all about getting clicks and views from rabid fans starved for any information to use when talking at the water cooler.   Don't be right....be first. 

4 minutes ago, Tranquility Base said:

It's all about getting clicks and views from rabid fans starved for any information to use when talking at the water cooler.   Don't be right....be first. 

You're correct.  It is comical what they post. I don't believe any of it until something is official. 

2 hours ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

I would assume it is the same reason schools don't talk to college coaches while their teams are still playing.

But this is pro to college. No conflicts.

2 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

I see him as more showman than coach. He is someone who I get bad vibes from. I feel like his level of success is not as good as people think it is. Twenty years as a D1 coach. Five times his teams didn't even qualify for March Madness. One fourth of his years he didn't even make the tournament. Of the 13 teams he was in the tourney, 4 round 1 losses, 4 round 2 losses, 3 sweet 16's, 1 elite 8. 1 final four. So most importantly to BBN, I question his ability to win a title.

You are the best person to pose this to. Why do you like Pearl? 

Honestly all your reasons there are very valid. My biggest reason for liking him is I do truly believe it takes a certain personality to be the coach at UK and I think he has that. Now he may not have the overall success that would be expected here at the UK coach. However, he also hasn’t really been at places known for basketball. Yet he has managed to still be successful at those schools and get excitement. Plus players seem to like him, and would probably do a good job with both fronts recruiting and transfers at getting players in.  I think if he were to be here at UK he would do very well. However, in regards to X and O’s I don’t think he would be much of an upgrade. 

2 hours ago, 9068 said:

Donovan has been removed from the college game for several years. I asked one of his former assistants how he enjoyed coaching in the NBA when Donovan was at OKC. His exact words: "Well, there's no recruiting". I guess he's changed his mind? Seems like it would be worse than ever with NIL and the portal. But hey, you never know.

That’s the thing with how things are. He truly wouldn’t have to recruit as much as he use to in regards to travel. With the transfer portal, it is just more wait until the season is over and then go try to get the players that hit the portal. Basically free agency, which he has gotten to experience in the nba. 

7 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

But this is pro to college. No conflicts.

I think UK could sign him tomorrow if he wanted to. I think it’s more on his end not wanting to do anything until his season is over. Wouldn’t be the best look for him bailing on his team right before the play in game. Especially with him bailing on the Magic all those years ago too. So I think he is trying to do the right thing by his team. With that said, it doesn’t mean he may not be having his agent do some talking for him right now while he focuses on his current team. 
 

Which I also will add I think that is why Mark Pope’s name is brought up. Barnhardt might as well try to talk to some other people right now as he waits for Donovan. Doesn’t want to be sitting there left out if at the last minute Donovan backs out after the season is over. 

22 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

I think UK could sign him tomorrow if he wanted to. I think it’s more on his end not wanting to do anything until his season is over. Wouldn’t be the best look for him bailing on his team right before the play in game. Especially with him bailing on the Magic all those years ago too. So I think he is trying to do the right thing by his team. With that said, it doesn’t mean he may not be having his agent do some talking for him right now while he focuses on his current team. 
 

Which I also will add I think that is why Mark Pope’s name is brought up. Barnhardt might as well try to talk to some other people right now as he waits for Donovan. Doesn’t want to be sitting there left out if at the last minute Donovan backs out after the season is over. 

Well I was completely wrong on that. Reports are coming out that looks like they will hire Pope. 

9 minutes ago, All State Baseball said:

 

 

I'm done. 

I'm sure, if they do hire Pope (who is a good coach and may be great someday), a lot of people that laughed at UofL for needing their to go to their third choice, they'll be quiet for a few years.

Never won his conference.  Never won his conference tournament.  Never won an NCAA Tournament game.

This is only because he went to UK.  Only that.

I hate this hire.  And I hate that because I like Mark Pope.  He is a good man.

Reeks of panic. Not to mention, this is a guy you can get in a week, two weeks, month from now. I get you’re worried about players and the portal but holy cow. 
 

I’m sticking with the belief that the change was needed but man…. this is a potential faceplant. I immediately thought of Doherty at North Carolina. That’s not a good thing. 

Wow!!! I just hope that one of Mark Popes wives says no!!  

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.