Who will be the next Bengal arrested?

If Marvin suspended JJ for a year for this he'd lose his job. JJ was a first round draft choice. He suspended Henry for a game (and he shouldn't have) and he has publicly said O'Dell isn't coming back.

He is loosing the respect of his players if he hasn't already, and soon the fans will Marvin, he needs to send a message loud and clear!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is loosing the respect of his players if he hasn't already, and soon the fans will Marvin, he needs to send a message loud and clear!

How do you figure? Suspension for a year?????????????:rolleyes: That is absolutely absurd and the player's union wouldn't let it happen, and our first round draft pick would never play another game in Cincinnati. That's a joke.

LOL, The Bengals are ALREADY a joke around the country over this garbage, everywhere but here! Fine, if the P.U. won't put up with it then dress him and not play him, I don't care what draft choice he is. I guess wins are more important to you? Well I don't think it is, nor do I think letting these high priced babies off with a slap on the wrist will help improve this team. Either sit him a year of get rid of him.

Just watch, if Marvin lets him off easy, you will soon see other players follow, someone like Henry. Then you will see players like Carson wanting out of town, if the coach doesn't have the respect of the players, it will happen.

LOL, The Bengals are ALREADY a joke around the country over this garbage, everywhere but here! Fine, if the P.U. won't put up with it then dress him and not play him, I don't care what draft choice he is. I guess wins are more important to you? Well I don't think it is, nor do I think letting these high priced babies off with a slap on the wrist will help improve this team. Either sit him a year of get rid of him.

Just watch, if Marvin lets him off easy, you will soon see other players follow, someone like Henry. Then you will see players like Carson wanting out of town, if the coach doesn't have the respect of the players, it will happen.

If you believe the players don't respect Marvin, then you really haven't been listening to them.

I know actions speak louder than works, but the Collective Bargaining Agreement won't allow the coaches to do anything, especially until it is decided in court.

In America, shouldn't it be dealt with after the courts have had their say??

After that, the coaches should have more power.

I do believe the coaches punish through fines and extra conditioning, but Marvin Lewis said it himself-the only thing that works is playing time.

Fortunately for Joseph, he has plenty of time to get back in good graces.

This off-season, there will still be less incidences than last year(that would be an interesting over-under).

If you believe the players don't respect Marvin, then you really haven't been listening to them.

I know actions speak louder than works, but the Collective Bargaining Agreement won't allow the coaches to do anything, especially until it is decided in court.

In America, shouldn't it be dealt with after the courts have had their say??

After that, the coaches should have more power.

I do believe the coaches punish through fines and extra conditioning, but Marvin Lewis said it himself-the only thing that works is playing time.

Fortunately for Joseph, he has plenty of time to get back in good graces.

This off-season, there will still be less incidences than last year(that would be an interesting over-under).

#1 If you coach a sport, and a player does something wrong, on or off the field, and you tell the entire team not to do it anymore, in this case it's getting arrested, and at least one of them turns around and does it and brings yet more disgrace on your team, is that showing they respect what you told them? Or you? And what about the "good guys" like Carson? They deserve teammates that can stay clean. The team suffered this season in part to the off the field troubles, I am sure players like Carson are fuming over this. Respect? Is that why the NFL had to come in and talk to the team and players? and is that why the Bengals had the Cincy PD come in and give a speech on drugs and alcohol to the entire team? Is this a pro team or high school team? As you said in your next paragraph, actions speak louder than words.

#2 That goes without saying

# 3 If you are a parent and your kid gets arrested, do you wait to punish them until after the court date? Yeah I know the union won't allow much before hand, but if the facts are there right in front of you, which is sad, but Marvin should still be able to grill him about it.

And in regard to your last paragraph, I would hope so, since one player had almost half of those arrests.

Bottom line, some players are not listening, and the Bengals need to figure out real fast on how to get their attention.

I'm a fan for what reason? Going 3-13 with choirboys????? Those were fun season's and the Bengals were really popular. :rolleyes:

Other players follow? Are you kidding?