Who will be the next Bengal arrested?

Marvin Lewis for manslaughter when he finally snaps and terminates one of his troublesome players. He pleads self-defense saying he was only trying to protect his career.

Marvin needs to give sweet Lou Piniella a call. Lou will give him a little advice about handling his players. :fight:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a better question. Which will be greater: The number of Cinnmates errrrr Bengal arrests, or the number of wins next season?

They tied this year. 8 wins vs. 8 arrests.

I will go with arrests this year coming. We should do an over/under with this too.

#1 If you coach a sport, and a player does something wrong, on or off the field, and you tell the entire team not to do it anymore, in this case it's getting arrested, and at least one of them turns around and does it and brings yet more disgrace on your team, is that showing they respect what you told them? Or you? And what about the "good guys" like Carson? They deserve teammates that can stay clean. The team suffered this season in part to the off the field troubles, I am sure players like Carson are fuming over this. Respect? Is that why the NFL had to come in and talk to the team and players? and is that why the Bengals had the Cincy PD come in and give a speech on drugs and alcohol to the entire team? Is this a pro team or high school team? As you said in your next paragraph, actions speak louder than words.

#2 That goes without saying

# 3 If you are a parent and your kid gets arrested, do you wait to punish them until after the court date? Yeah I know the union won't allow much before hand, but if the facts are there right in front of you, which is sad, but Marvin should still be able to grill him about it.

And in regard to your last paragraph, I would hope so, since one player had almost half of those arrests.

Bottom line, some players are not listening, and the Bengals need to figure out real fast on how to get their attention.

How do you know Marvin is not "grilling" him? Right now, Marvin Lewis is the last person Jonathan Joseph wants to see.

If it was a perfect world, the Bengals could cut him and Thurman and Henry and the Bengals would go on and be successful.

But if they were allowed to do so, other teams would be fighting to get their talent on the roster; it wouldn't be very detrimental if they're made to feel like kings once cut because many other teams want them.

Marvin said the only thing that gets to them is playing time; he will do that quietly so as to not break the CBA; I still wonder if he will sit them 8 1/2 months from now??? It is much easier to discipline them in season rather than in the off-season.

Doing it quietly won't make any fans happier; they want blood, but he just can't do it.