10th Region Tournament Restructure Ruling

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two things i really don't like here,The boys being played at noon and 3:30 on sat.And the girls that sat night at 8.Simply put the girls Championship game will suffer mightily here if any of the 2 girls teams playing in the championship game on Sat nite at 8 are from schools of the boys team playing the 3:30 game in Maysville.Because by the time that game is over people wont be able to make it to Montgomery County for the girls game{Again this only assumes that a team from the same school would be in each game}.Eight out of 10 fans would pick to wacth that boys semi game over there girls game that night when they have to choose.I would much rather the boys keep the mon/tue thing than this.And this is coming from a fan minutes from where the boys games are played.I would hate to be a fan an hour or more away and have to choose like this or make that noon game.

How long is the drive from Mason to Montgomery?? I would think the 2nd boys game would be over by 5:30-6:00pm. It seems that would allow people plenty of time to get to Montgomery Co. by 8:00. They can drive thru Wendy's on the way. :) Of course, the idea of whether or not fans will actually make the trip to see a girls' game is another story......

The current status of Title 9 is not being denied the opportunity equal to the boys. That has been the case for the past 6 years. The problem is the psudo lawyers, called principals and ex-coaches (Athletic Directors) who take their frame of reference as what Title 9 may be and apply it to things like these recommendations.

Not long ago was a regional meeting by the Dept. of Education AND the Attorney General Office reporting their standards. I suspect no one from the 10th region was in attendance.

Next time any Athletic Director in the 10th region starts off with their Title 9 concerns, ask them where the issue or understanding came from. If it is a KHSAA conference update, well guess what - if it was the one they had last 2 years this conference was done without input from anyone expert to the current law in the field. That is a fact.

Can this proposal.

Fans will go wherever they have to go to watch the game. If they are true fans that is.

I think you are making the point. Montgomery or Mason will get the true fans.

But the casual fans that make the crowd larger and the gate more lucrative won't drive the extra hour.

I would considering going to the boys finals at Maysville. I won't to Montgomery County.

Now Girls final that I am a true fan of, I will go to Winchester or Mt. Sterling.

Monday March 5: Girls Region at Montgomery County first round games 6:30 and 8:00

Tuesday March 6: Girls Region at Montgomery County first round games 6:30 and 8:00

Wednesday March 7: Boys Region first round at Mason County split session 5:00 and 8:30

Thursday March 8: Boys Region first round at Mason County split session

5:00 and 8:30

Friday March 9: Girls Semifinals at Montgomery Co. 6:30 and 8:00

Saturday March 10: Boys Semifianls at Mason County split session

12 Noon and 3:30pm.

Saturday March 10: Girls Championship at Montgomery County 8:00 PM

Sunday March 11: Boys Championship at Mason County 3:00pm

The Principals met today and approved this format 17-0.

Why do they split the sessions at Mason County? Is for the additional money or lack of seating? Does any other region have to split the sessions?

Mason Co. splits sessions to give each team a fair split of seating. There is such a crowd for every game that if you do not split sessions, the teams playing last get little to no seating in the lower arena.