Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2023 March Madness Discussion

Featured Replies

17 hours ago, Breds82 said:

Devils advocate here: Why hire a 64 year old coach that hasn’t been to the final four in 7 basketball seasons? 

You hire him for being a HOF coach, a coach that has taken 3 different schools to final fours, won a National title and been to two others. A coach that is a big name, that is definitely going to sell the program. 
 

Not to mention as someone said many of the other guys they could possibly get haven’t been to a final four in 7 years either and possibly never been to one at all. 
 

I think the only downside for them that you mentioned would be his age, and truly how much longer they they he will want to coach. 

  • Replies 268
  • Views 31k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Randy Parker
    Randy Parker

    Drew Timme is a pair of quirky eyeglasses away from being a 1970's serial killer.

  • Randy Parker
    Randy Parker

    I can't remember the last time I watched ESPN for anything other than an actual live sporting event.

  • Tranquility Base
    Tranquility Base

    I like this Final Four.   Proof to kids out there that you don't have to go to Duke, Carolina, Kansas or Kentucky for a chance to play on the biggest stage.   If played right, this could be a boon for

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Voice of Reason said:

Better question. Why would Calipari leave UK now with the class he has coming in?

Plus, doesn't he need one more year there to then be considered an Ambassador or whatever? Which comes with an annual stipend. I don't know exact details but isn't there something like that in place in his contract?

Estimated payouts to each league from NCAA for tournament games played.

It just means more...

Screenshot_20230327-164335_KSR.jpg

Texas is hiring their interim head coach. So Calipari won’t be going to Texas. 

44 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

Texas is hiring their interim head coach. So Calipari won’t be going to Texas. 

Interesting.  I wonder why they waited until now?

23 minutes ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

Not 2023 but a great night 45 years ago tonight. 

43ED3E1A-E4E6-405B-9C20-82B434EF7CD1.jpeg

Seems like only yesterday, and Kentucky kids leading the way.

1 hour ago, Randy Parker said:

Interesting.  I wonder why they waited until now?

Could it have been him waiting? An Elite Eight increases the asking price.

1 hour ago, Randy Parker said:

Interesting.  I wonder why they waited until now?

Their AD said during the tourney that they don't publicly discuss contracts during the season.  My guess is this was already done behind the scenes and they were just waiting until after their season to make the announcement.  It took less than 24 hours to make the announcement.

1 hour ago, bugatti said:

Could it have been him waiting? An Elite Eight increases the asking price.

Could be.

13 hours ago, 4 Quarters said:

Seems like only yesterday, and Kentucky kids leading the way.

2 Kentucky kids.  But Robey was from New Orleans, Phillips and Claytor from Ohio, Shidler from IL and Macy from Indiana.  

58 minutes ago, Hatz said:

2 Kentucky kids.  But Robey was from New Orleans, Phillips and Claytor from Ohio, Shidler from IL and Macy from Indiana.  

I'm aware of that, but who led the team that night with 41 points.

Final Four Refs.

Image

  • Author
On 3/26/2023 at 3:22 PM, DragonFire said:

What’s funny to me is that I see WKU’s 1971 banner hanging all the time. No one seems to care. 

 

On 3/26/2023 at 3:29 PM, Jumper_Dad said:

I'm not familiar, what is their banner for?

Trust me, Louisville fans asked about that exact thing. Apparently, the NCAA made up another stupid rule basically saying that anything that happened before 1990 (I think that is the year, but don’t quote me) didn’t have to be removed. So that’s why WKU’s banners are “allowed.”

On 3/26/2023 at 8:05 PM, DragonFire said:

My preferred teams to win (in order):

1. FAU

2. SD St

3 Miami (God help me)

4. UConn

My expectation is the exact reverse. 

I want to hate Miami so bad but I just really like Coach Larranaga.  He seems like a genuine guy and someone that I'd want my kid to play for.  I know they are the best team money can buy, but he's just the guy coaching them up.  

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.