Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2023 March Madness Discussion

Featured Replies

Only the 4th time that no #1 will be in the final four, 1980, 2006, 2011 and 2023.

2008 was the only time all four #1 made it.

  • Replies 268
  • Views 31k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Randy Parker
    Randy Parker

    Drew Timme is a pair of quirky eyeglasses away from being a 1970's serial killer.

  • Randy Parker
    Randy Parker

    I can't remember the last time I watched ESPN for anything other than an actual live sporting event.

  • Tranquility Base
    Tranquility Base

    I like this Final Four.   Proof to kids out there that you don't have to go to Duke, Carolina, Kansas or Kentucky for a chance to play on the biggest stage.   If played right, this could be a boon for

Posted Images

12 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

At least they have that. 

? True, but the SEC is tied with the Big 12 and Big East for most wins with 9.

One of them is losing. Each time they've offered a boost this week, it has missed.

Screenshot_20230325_093159.jpg

16 minutes ago, Jumper_Dad said:

Only the 4th time that no #1 will be in the final four, 1980, 2006, 2011 and 2023.

2008 was the only time all four #1 made it.

I believe I read it’s the first time ever that no #1 even made the Elite Eight. 

10 minutes ago, DragonFire said:

I believe I read it’s the first time ever that no #1 even made the Elite Eight. 

That's correct.

6 hours ago, DragonFire said:

I believe I read it’s the first time ever that no #1 even made the Elite Eight. 

Most of us have said all year that there was no clear-cut favorite. 

Titles by seed level in 64 team tournament era:

#1 has 23 wins

#2 = 5 wins

#3 = 4 wins

#4 = 1 win

#6 = 1 win

#7 = 1 win (U Conn 7 seed over 8 seed UK in 2014)

#8 = 1 win (Villanova over Georgetown in Rupp Arena; I was there!)

Interesting that only 4 times has a seed below #3 won. Five of the 8 remaining teams are lower than #3 seed.

I'd be fine with either FAU or Kansas State winning this, but I am rooting for FAU personally.

Also, Memphis has to just be constantly punching the air seeing FAU's run.

FAU for me but nothing against K State.

There's more time than when Kansas State made their run against Kentucky, but honestly the way FAU has gone last few minutes feels very much like that. 

What we're seeing is what happens for Kansas State when the hero-ball shots stop falling.  They settle for those super deep threes way, way too much.

GOT 'EM!

FAU advances.  Kansas State didn't even get a potential game-tying shot off.  I'm actually stunned FAU didn't foul before they got across halfcourt but they got it done on defense!

  • Author

Worst Final Four ratings in history, on the way.

2 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

Worst Final Four ratings in history, on the way.

Which is sad because I'm usually never more interested than when I have genuinely no clue who will/should win - other than when my team is actually in the Final Four.

But it certainly won't be populated with the largest fanbases. 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.