2023 March Madness Discussion

TheDeuce

6 minutes ago, REALSPORT said:

I want to hate Miami so bad but I just really like Coach Larranaga.  He seems like a genuine guy and someone that I'd want my kid to play for.  I know they are the best team money can buy, but he's just the guy coaching them up.  

It's just the FSU fan in me.  Doesn't matter the sport, I just can't bear to really pull for Miami.  I do hope they beat UConn, but I will be wildly for whoever wins that first semifinal if they do.

3 hours ago, REALSPORT said:

I want to hate Miami so bad but I just really like Coach Larranaga.  He seems like a genuine guy and someone that I'd want my kid to play for.  I know they are the best team money can buy, but he's just the guy coaching them up.  

What is meant by best team money can buy?

7 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

Trust me, Louisville fans asked about that exact thing. Apparently, the NCAA made up another stupid rule basically saying that anything that happened before 1990 (I think that is the year, but don’t quote me) didn’t have to be removed. So that’s why WKU’s banners are “allowed.”

The NCAA is so stupid. 

• Like 2

All this running and fast paced basketball is very confusing for this UK fan. Also what with these teams running there defender off a screen and all the quick passes around the perimeter? I don’t think I can watch this garbage much longer, no way 3s go in that easy.

• Like 1

On 3/17/2023 at 2:26 PM, Randy Parker said:

17 of the last 20 National Champions were ranked in the KenPom top 6 entering the tournament.  Kansas was ranked 6th last year.  Here's this year's top 6:

Houston 

UCLA

Alabama 

Connecticut

Tennessee 

Texas

UConn winning means 18 of the last 21 National Champions were ranked in the KenPom Top 6 entering the tournament.