TheDeuce

Pick One  

16 members have voted

1. 1. For a Gazillion Dollars...

• 40 Yard Pass
    • NBA Three Point Shot
    • Hit 80mph Fastball

You get two chances to do one of the following: 

- Complete a 40 yard pass (receiver cannot move outside of a 3ft circle)

- Make an NBA 3pt from anywhere around the arc

- Hit an 80mph fastball

If you complete it, you win One Gazillion Dollars. Which one are you attempting?

For me, the order is easy: Pass, three pointer, fastball. 

1 hour ago, TheDeuce said:

You get two chances to do one of the following: 

- Complete a 40 yard pass (receiver cannot move outside of a 3ft circle)

- Make an NBA 3pt from anywhere around the arc

- Hit an 80mph fastball

If you complete it, you win One Gazillion Dollars. Which one are you attempting?

For me, the order is easy: Pass, three pointer, fastball. 

Same.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bugatti said:

A three foot diameter or a circle with a three foot radius? That's a big difference in my book with my troublesome throwing shoulder.

I still think I would try the NBA three pointer.

A circle that is three feet across. So approximately a half step in any direction from the center of the circle. 

100% I'm attempting the three.  I've seen people completely luck that one in.  I'm not sure I can even throw a pass 40 yards at this point, let alone predict where it is going.  The accuracy removes that from the table.  I am certain I'd never lay bat to ball on an 80 mph pitch.

• Like 1

Does the fastball have to be put in play? I play in a pretty competitive wiffleball league and feel confident that I could touch 80, even at my advanced age. I say that one, then the NBA three, then the pass.

The backdrop on an NBA goal is something that I would imagine takes some adjusting unless you're shooting 100's of jumpers every day and just have the muscle memory to make it work. Put that line on the floor at the Demon Dome and I'm knocking down both of them. Move the football toss down to 20 yards and I might get one of them there. 

• Like 1

Give me the bat. I can get out of bed and put an 80mph fastball in play. I still coach baseball, and hit in a cage at that speed pretty regularly. I’m also pretty confident I could pull the other two off, especially the football challenge. I can still throw a football 50-55 yards pretty easily, but I’ve always been a decent shooter too, although NBA 3 range is at the outer limit of my range.

18 hours ago, SnottieDrippen said:

The backdrop on an NBA goal is something that I would imagine takes some adjusting unless you're shooting 100's of jumpers every day and just have the muscle memory to make it work.

Having gotten up some shots at The Yum Center, I can 100% confirm this is accurate. The backdrop makes a HUGE difference.