Bengals 24 Ravens 17 (Super Wild Card Weekend)

13 minutes ago, The Raven said:

I have 0 issues with a TD celebration.  If you catch a TD pass and want to hit the griddy, go for it.  You're already in the endzone.  But running with 10 of your teammates for 60 yards to sit down for a photo op just doesn't cut it.

Also tired of DBs striking a pose after an incomplete pass when all they did was watch the WR drop the ball or the QB chuck it into the ground.

It does get old.  Maybe those DBs do that because they are probably competing with the WRs who do something similar when they score.

2 minutes ago, nkypete said:

It does get old.  Maybe those DBs do that because they are probably competing with the WRs who do something similar when they score.

True.  But I'm also not a fan of a QB, WR, or RB giving the first down broadway production.   And my last rant for the season (maybe).  Saw this far too often this weekend.  When players (especially on defense) just quit the play, turn and start crying for a flag (staring at you Joey Bosa).   I know I'm just an old codger.   So play the whole play and get off my lawn.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Raven said:

True.  But I'm also not a fan of a QB, WR, or RB giving the first down broadway production.   And my last rant for the season (maybe).  Saw this far too often this weekend.  When players (especially on defense) just quit the play, turn and start crying for a flag (staring at you Joey Bosa).   I know I'm just an old codger.   So play the whole play and get off my lawn.

I'm up there in years too.  But we live in a different world now.  Most younger people disagree with us and go for the theatrics.  I'm all for a bit of fun (within reason).  I pay a lot of money for season tickets so I don't want to be totally bored at the games. 

13 minutes ago, The Raven said:

Jessie Bates running down Huntley instead of letting him walk into the end zone probably saved the game for Cincy because it set up Hubbard's fumble return.

• Like 3

I am with you guys on the defensive celebrations.  I have resorted to yelling at the TV when it happens.  

I know I am an old man too but these kids today...  Reminds me of a couple of years ago I was in a gym locker room and these two studs in their mid 20's were talking about these kids today, lol.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, nkypete said:

We can blame that on the NFL when they relaxed the celebration rules.  They allow using the football as a prop, celebrating on the ground and celebrating with teammates. Off limits celebrations include those that are offensive, are prolonged and delay the game and those that are directed at opponents.  The NFL is really cracking down on taunting (which we saw in the Bengals/Ravens playoff game).  I'm getting tired of the runs to the end zone myself.  If they were really creative they would do something in the middle of the field for the overhead camera (like synchronized swimmers do)!  But nobody is asking me to help them with the chorography of their football celebrations!

Actually, you can thank Covid for that.  If you remember, back when they were playing in front of basically empty stadiums, there was a camera/screen located on the wall past the end zone.  It was a way for the players to "interact" with the fans who were forced to watch from home.

The NFL is now caught in a bind, because they not only allowed, but probably encouraged participation back then.  Hard to come out and say that's not permissible now.

I can take or leave the defensive celebrations. But I will tell you my wife loves them.

Side note: Did the rest of the Bengals D run the 100 yards and do a celebration with Hubbard? I don't remember seeing that. Maybe 100 yards is too far to run for a team D celebration?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, The Raven said:

Special shout out to Marvin Lewis for patrolling the Ravens sideline down the stretch.  3+ minutes and 2 timeouts left and the best you can do is a hail mary with 1 timeout left in your pocket?   Terrible clock management.

One thing I have decided I can live without in football, post turnover, the entire defensive team running to the endzone for the "photo-op".  If, in baseball, the whole team emptied the bench for a 2 run homer in the top of the 5th, everyone would complain about how it slows the game down and makes baseball unwatchable.   You got you pick, go to the sideline and move the game along.

I get your point. However, the majority of the time after a turnover it goes to a commercial. So usually doesn’t slow the game down at all. 

3 hours ago, theguru said:

Here is the Spanish call of Sam Hubbard's TD:

I've been considering listening to all  games with Spanish broadcast. The announcers are into the game way more than the network guys. Even though I don't speak Spanish, what they're saying makes as much sense to me as what some of these other dudes spout off about.

• Like 1