Transfers (From NKY to Ohio)

1 hour ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

One of the things I'd say, in general, is that for whatever reason there are a lot of kids (and their families) in Boone County that are more than happy to skip around schools. In terms of most of the kids who live in Boone County, this seems an essential re-hashing of this thread from early 2020:  "What's going on at Cooper?" Aside from the couple of kids mentioned who went from 8th grade in NKY to high schools in Ohio, here's what I know of - pay attention to how many of them are kids from Boone County.

RJ West (Class of 2023) started off at Cooper as a freshman and then headed to Boone County as a sophomore, where he started at quarterback as a sophomore and junior, and he is now starting as senior QB at Princeton High School on the north side of Cincinnati.

Zion Mason (Class of 2023) started off at Cooper as a freshman WR/DB before transferring to Covington Catholic mid-freshman year and playing as a sophomore & junior. He is now playing at Princeton High School along with former Cooper teammate RJ West.

Jeremiah Williams (Class of 2023) started off at Cooper and then headed to Boone County for his sophomore year where he was the Rebels' leading rusher as both a sophomore and junior. I believe (per his Twitter account) that he transferred to Northeast High School in Clarksville, TN and I believe (per his Hudl account) that he's now back at Cooper. He has not yet appeared on Cooper's roster or in their game stats. 

Tyson Beach (Class of 2024) started off at Walton-Verona where he had significant varsity playing time at RB/WR/DB in his freshman year, and led the team in rushing with 1287 yards in 13 games last year. He joined Zion Mason and RJ West in transferring to Princeton High School and has been moved to a fulltime varsity receiver.

JR Hays (Class of 2024) started off at Boone County where he played JV football as a RB/DB during his freshman year, transferred to Roger Bacon High School in Cincinnati last year, and is now at Cooper as a junior where he plays WR/DB.

Ty Boler (Class of 2024) started off at Highlands where he played RB/DB on the freshman team and moved up to varsity as a sophomore RB/DB last year, where he saw action in 7 of Highlands' 11 games. He is now playing DB at Winton Woods High School in northwest Cincinnati.

Alijah Thompson (Class of 2023) started off at Conner where as an ATH, he played RB/WR/DB. In his sophomore year he led the Cougars in receiving yardage and in interceptions (4), and in his junior year he was the team's leading rusher behind QB Alex Castrucci. He is now playing WR/DB at Hamilton High School in Ohio.

Where is RJ West a 3 star like he has in his Twitter bio? I can’t find him on any recruiting database

I think he’s a good player, but don’t think he has that level of ability. 

Just now, ukat1 said:

Interesting not sure why Ryle would fall into that category and yet Cooper has it going in the right direction?  Ryle continues to grow numbers have over 50 freshman who are back to back state middle school champions, the current junior and sophomore classes have a lot of talent as well. While in 6A no one has any luck from a standpoint vs the big 3 and probably won't ever barring a miracle but I certainly wouldn't count Ryle as program not having much of a future especially v county rivals. Thursday will see a little glimpse into the future when the Cooper freshman and Ryle Freshman play both are undefeated.  

I sure hope you are right.  I have mentioned this before but I live in the Ryle school district and I want them to be good.   On Cooper, they have a lot of good, young talent too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ukat1 said:

Interesting not sure why Ryle would fall into that category and yet Cooper has it going in the right direction?  Ryle continues to grow numbers have over 50 freshman who are back to back state middle school champions, the current junior and sophomore classes have a lot of talent as well. While in 6A no one has any luck from a standpoint vs the big 3 and probably won't ever barring a miracle but I certainly wouldn't count Ryle as program not having much of a future especially v county rivals. Thursday will see a little glimpse into the future when the Cooper freshman and Ryle Freshman play both are undefeated.  

Every year I here about how great Ryle’s Freshman class is and equals nothing when their Seniors!

1 hour ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

Every year I here about how great Ryle’s Freshman class is and equals nothing when their Seniors!

Some of it is coaching and also the lack of facilities in Boone County schools.  Ryle’s weight room puts them at a disadvantage.  Last years Senior group was really talented and with some better coaching they could have gone further.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blackhawks87 said:

Some of it is coaching and also the lack of facilities in Boone County schools.  Ryle’s weight room puts them at a disadvantage.  Last years Senior group was really talented and with some better coaching they could have gone further.  

IMO there is nothing more overrated as to the development of players, especially at the high school level, than "facilities". Using that as a reason teams are not good is the easiest excuse available. I witnessed Highlands develop players in a converted mold ridded storage closet for 20+ years. From personal experience of being in their facilities, I will also say that NCC, CCH, Beechwood, Lex Cath, and others have not had some crazy high end "facilities" that put them at an advantage to other programs. Facilitates are just an easy excuse and passing the puck 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Kenny Powers said:

IMO there is nothing more overrated as to the development of players, especially at the high school level, than "facilities". Using that as a reason teams are not good is the easiest excuse available. I witnessed Highlands develop players in a converted mold ridded storage closet for 20+ years. From personal experience of being in their facilities, I will also say that NCC, CCH, Beechwood, Lex Cath, and others have not had some crazy high end "facilities" that put them at an advantage to other programs. Facilitates are just an easy excuse and passing the puck 

Players were required to have a Tetanus shot before lifting in the Birds basement weight room.  That place was disgusting 😂.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, ChickenWyngz said:

It's like a more hyped up SK lol. 

They've got some crazy talented players but usually equals little come playoff time. 

Who hypes up Ryle? I don't see many (if any) that do that on here. I think their fans seemed to be very grounded, unlike other NKY programs. They're 6A, the road usually stops with one of the few big 6A Louisville schools. I'm not aware of anyone that feels differently in Union! 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, 4 Quarters said:

Back to the title of the thread.  What kind of a year is the Starks kid having at Anderson?

Chandler is playing linebacker, and has 31 total tackles (14 solo/17 assisted) and 9 tackles for loss with 1.5 sacks in 6 games. That's fourth on the team for total tackles, and he's sixth on the team for solo tackles.

He's picked up an offer from Tiffin University - football, not basketball.

• Thanks 3