Transfers (From NKY to Ohio)

9 hours ago, BrosefStalin said:

Very strange indeed…I’d love to know the IMPETUS behind Princeton’s sudden attraction to our NKY populous. 

Is there a relationship between the families of three young men who transferred to Princeton? 

• Like 1

On 7/5/2022 at 9:39 PM, bjaynes said:

All I am saying is kids that are making these high profile transfers are already on the radar. It would be nice for a few them to stick around and help build a program around them. Lakota West had to start somewhere. So did Colerain and many others. If NKY kids saw it this way then maybe eventually we would be more competitive with our neighbors across the river. 

That is the same thing many schools in NKY say in regards to when they lose talented kids to Beechwood, Covcath, and Highlands in years past . If these schools don’t lose some of their better players to schools like that, then they have a better chance to compete and grow the program too like those 3 historical top NKY programs. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/5/2022 at 10:39 PM, bjaynes said:

All I am saying is kids that are making these high profile transfers are already on the radar. It would be nice for a few them to stick around and help build a program around them. Lakota West had to start somewhere. So did Colerain and many others. If NKY kids saw it this way then maybe eventually we would be more competitive with our neighbors across the river. 

The difference between NKY and Ohio is simple. Where are camps, showcases and recruiters focused. Not in Kentucky, especially when you look at baseball and basketball.  The big summer showcases are in Ohio and Indiana, not NKY.  Their are NO huge complexes in Kentucky to host a true scouting event. I grew up in Ohio and married into Kentucky. I was amazed by the differences in training and competition facilities in Kentucky compared to Ohio. From a baseball perspective,  the land Noah's Ark exhibition owns is prime for a Multi-sports facility like Grand Park in Indiana.  As the saying goes, "If you build it they will come!". Kentucky doesn't have anything to attract recruiters, please don't argue E-town either. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/8/2022 at 12:54 AM, BrosefStalin said:

Very strange indeed…I’d love to know the IMPETUS behind Princeton’s sudden attraction to our NKY populous. 

Maybe it was presented as the beautiful campus in New Jersey.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, futurecoach said:

I have only seen some highlights, but it looks like RJ West and Zion Mason are doing well at Princeton. 

Former Walton Verona player Tyson Beach is now at Princeton and has 3/4 catches at slot with 3 for TD's.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

One of the things I'd say, in general, is that for whatever reason there are a lot of kids (and their families) in Boone County that are more than happy to skip around schools. In terms of most of the kids who live in Boone County, this seems an essential re-hashing of this thread from early 2020:  "What's going on at Cooper?" Aside from the couple of kids mentioned who went from 8th grade in NKY to high schools in Ohio, here's what I know of - pay attention to how many of them are kids from Boone County.

RJ West (Class of 2023) started off at Cooper as a freshman and then headed to Boone County as a sophomore, where he started at quarterback as a sophomore and junior, and he is now starting as senior QB at Princeton High School on the north side of Cincinnati.

Zion Mason (Class of 2023) started off at Cooper as a freshman WR/DB before transferring to Covington Catholic mid-freshman year and playing as a sophomore & junior. He is now playing at Princeton High School along with former Cooper teammate RJ West.

Jeremiah Williams (Class of 2023) started off at Cooper and then headed to Boone County for his sophomore year where he was the Rebels' leading rusher as both a sophomore and junior. I believe (per his Twitter account) that he transferred to Northeast High School in Clarksville, TN and I believe (per his Hudl account) that he's now back at Cooper. He has not yet appeared on Cooper's roster or in their game stats. 

Tyson Beach (Class of 2024) started off at Walton-Verona where he had significant varsity playing time at RB/WR/DB in his freshman year, and led the team in rushing with 1287 yards in 13 games last year. He joined Zion Mason and RJ West in transferring to Princeton High School and has been moved to a fulltime varsity receiver.

JR Hays (Class of 2024) started off at Boone County where he played JV football as a RB/DB during his freshman year, transferred to Roger Bacon High School in Cincinnati last year, and is now at Cooper as a junior where he plays WR/DB.

Ty Boler (Class of 2024) started off at Highlands where he played RB/DB on the freshman team and moved up to varsity as a sophomore RB/DB last year, where he saw action in 7 of Highlands' 11 games. He is now playing DB at Winton Woods High School in northwest Cincinnati.

Alijah Thompson (Class of 2023) started off at Conner where as an ATH, he played RB/WR/DB. In his sophomore year he led the Cougars in receiving yardage and in interceptions (4), and in his junior year he was the team's leading rusher behind QB Alex Castrucci. He is now playing WR/DB at Hamilton High School in Ohio.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

One of the things I'd say, in general, is that for whatever reason there are a lot of kids (and their families) in Boone County that are more than happy to skip around schools. In terms of most of the kids who live in Boone County, this seems an essential re-hashing of this thread from early 2020:  "What's going on at Cooper?" Aside from the couple of kids mentioned who went from 8th grade in NKY to high schools in Ohio, here's what I know of - pay attention to how many of them are kids from Boone County.

RJ West (Class of 2023) started off at Cooper as a freshman and then headed to Boone County as a sophomore, where he started at quarterback as a sophomore and junior, and he is now starting as senior QB at Princeton High School on the north side of Cincinnati.

Zion Mason (Class of 2023) started off at Cooper as a freshman WR/DB before transferring to Covington Catholic mid-freshman year and playing as a sophomore & junior. He is now playing at Princeton High School along with former Cooper teammate RJ West.

Jeremiah Williams (Class of 2023) started off at Cooper and then headed to Boone County for his sophomore year where he was the Rebels' leading rusher as both a sophomore and junior. I believe (per his Twitter account) that he transferred to Northeast High School in Clarksville, TN and I believe (per his Hudl account) that he's now back at Cooper. He has not yet appeared on Cooper's roster or in their game stats. 

Tyson Beach (Class of 2024) started off at Walton-Verona where he had significant varsity playing time at RB/WR/DB in his freshman year, and led the team in rushing with 1287 yards in 13 games last year. He joined Zion Mason and RJ West in transferring to Princeton High School and has been moved to a fulltime varsity receiver.

JR Hays (Class of 2024) started off at Boone County where he played JV football as a RB/DB during his freshman year, transferred to Roger Bacon High School in Cincinnati last year, and is now at Cooper as a junior where he plays WR/DB.

Ty Boler (Class of 2024) started off at Highlands where he played RB/DB on the freshman team and moved up to varsity as a sophomore RB/DB last year, where he saw action in 7 of Highlands' 11 games. He is now playing DB at Winton Woods High School in northwest Cincinnati.

Alijah Thompson (Class of 2023) started off at Conner where as an ATH, he played RB/WR/DB. In his sophomore year he led the Cougars in receiving yardage and in interceptions (4), and in his junior year he was the team's leading rusher behind QB Alex Castrucci. He is now playing WR/DB at Hamilton High School in Ohio.

All those examples seem like a lot more than normal from Boone County Kentucky.

Other than maybe Cooper, none of the teams in Boone County appear to have much light at the end of tunnel as we discuss it today.

1 hour ago, theguru said:

All those examples seem like a lot more than normal from Boone County Kentucky.

Other than maybe Cooper, none of the teams in Boone County appear to have much light at the end of tunnel as we discuss it today.

Curious where you are going with the light at the end of the tunnel piece here?

5 minutes ago, theguru said:

That Conner, Boone, and Ryle don't appear to have much of a chance in the near future.  Hopefully I am wrong. 

Interesting not sure why Ryle would fall into that category and yet Cooper has it going in the right direction?  Ryle continues to grow numbers have over 50 freshman who are back to back state middle school champions, the current junior and sophomore classes have a lot of talent as well. While in 6A no one has any luck from a standpoint vs the big 3 and probably won't ever barring a miracle but I certainly wouldn't count Ryle as program not having much of a future especially v county rivals. Thursday will see a little glimpse into the future when the Cooper freshman and Ryle Freshman play both are undefeated.