Transfers (From NKY to Ohio)

25 minutes ago, KYFootballFanz said:

I think this will become common within the next couple of years.

22 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

"Transfer portal" trickle-down.

14 minutes ago, KYFootballFanz said:

Absolutely. 

Things are moving really fast. 

22 hours ago, Kenny Powers said:

IMO there is nothing more overrated as to the development of players, especially at the high school level, than "facilities". Using that as a reason teams are not good is the easiest excuse available. I witnessed Highlands develop players in a converted mold ridded storage closet for 20+ years. From personal experience of being in their facilities, I will also say that NCC, CCH, Beechwood, Lex Cath, and others have not had some crazy high end "facilities" that put them at an advantage to other programs. Facilitates are just an easy excuse and passing the puck 

Absolutely disagree. I believe Beechwood’s weight room has been a focal point in their success. Have access to a nice facility makes a difference throughout the season makes a difference as well. This being said, as long as the coach knows what they are doing. 

1 hour ago, hector607 said:

Absolutely disagree. I believe Beechwood’s weight room has been a focal point in their success. Have access to a nice facility makes a difference throughout the season makes a difference as well. This being said, as long as the coach knows what they are doing. 

I think you are right and wrong at the same time.

You're right because today it is different. There is so much student mobility and everybody is building nice facilities that it becomes competitive what kind of facilities you have.

You're wrong because schools like Beechwood and Highlands developed kids into state champions for years in weight rooms that would be a total embarrassment today.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

You're right because today it is different. There is so much student mobility and everybody is building nice facilities that it becomes competitive what kind of facilities you have.

You're wrong because schools like Beechwood and Highlands developed kids into state champions for years in weight rooms that would be a total embarrassment today.

I mean…I’ll just refrain from commenting on the second part other than you’re right those weight rooms were very embarrassing compared to today.

13 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

Beechwood's weight room was like a large closet/small storage room back in the 80s.