Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Transfers (From NKY to Ohio)

Featured Replies

25 minutes ago, KYFootballFanz said:

I think this will become common within the next couple of years.

 

22 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

"Transfer portal" trickle-down.

 

14 minutes ago, KYFootballFanz said:

Absolutely. 

Things are moving really fast. 

  • Replies 70
  • Views 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Builder1214
    Builder1214

    CovCath would be D2 or D3 in Ohio. Highlands would be D3 or D4 in Ohio. CovCath during their run and Highlands during their run would have hammered any like sized Ohio school on their way to Ohio Stat

  • FrankNicodemus
    FrankNicodemus

    That might be the BEST commentary I have seen comparing those programs to OHIO. I think A LOT of people don't realize what you just said on the surface..... Spot on!

  • Ryle’s football program lives rent free in your head. 

Posted Images

22 hours ago, Kenny Powers said:

IMO there is nothing more overrated as to the development of players, especially at the high school level, than "facilities". Using that as a reason teams are not good is the easiest excuse available. I witnessed Highlands develop players in a converted mold ridded storage closet for 20+ years. From personal experience of being in their facilities, I will also say that NCC, CCH, Beechwood, Lex Cath, and others have not had some crazy high end "facilities" that put them at an advantage to other programs. Facilitates are just an easy excuse and passing the puck 

Absolutely disagree. I believe Beechwood’s weight room has been a focal point in their success. Have access to a nice facility makes a difference throughout the season makes a difference as well. This being said, as long as the coach knows what they are doing. 

1 hour ago, hector607 said:

Absolutely disagree. I believe Beechwood’s weight room has been a focal point in their success. Have access to a nice facility makes a difference throughout the season makes a difference as well. This being said, as long as the coach knows what they are doing. 

 I think you are right and wrong at the same time.

You're right because today it is different. There is so much student mobility and everybody is building nice facilities that it becomes competitive what kind of facilities you have.

 You're wrong because schools like Beechwood and Highlands developed kids into state champions for years in weight rooms that would be a total embarrassment today.

Covcath as well. Before the state of the art training facility, the Colonels trained in a small cramped room they shared with Howard and Larry, the custodians.

6 hours ago, 4 Quarters said:

Back to the title of the thread.  What kind of a year is the Starks kid having at Anderson?

That one is not counted since he transferred to the school closest to his home. 

Edited by theguru

11 hours ago, FirstTimeLongTime said:

That one is not counted since he transferred to the school closest to his home. 

So, if it's not classified a transfer, what is it classified?  He left one school and enrolled at another, but who's counting?

10 minutes ago, 4 Quarters said:

So, if it's not classified a transfer, what is it classified?  He left one school and enrolled at another, but who's counting?

Bad joke I guess. Lives in Ohio and never played football in KY is where I was going with it. 

13 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

 I think you are right and wrong at the same time.

You're right because today it is different. There is so much student mobility and everybody is building nice facilities that it becomes competitive what kind of facilities you have.

 You're wrong because schools like Beechwood and Highlands developed kids into state champions for years in weight rooms that would be a total embarrassment today.

I mean…I’ll just refrain from commenting on the second part other than you’re right those weight rooms were very embarrassing compared to today.

13 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

 I think you are right and wrong at the same time.

You're right because today it is different. There is so much student mobility and everybody is building nice facilities that it becomes competitive what kind of facilities you have.

 You're wrong because schools like Beechwood and Highlands developed kids into state champions for years in weight rooms that would be a total embarrassment today.

Beechwood's weight room was like a large closet/small storage room back in the 80s. 

1 hour ago, theguru said:

Beechwood's weight room was like a large closet/small storage room back in the 80s. 

And that was how it was till the new building was built, circa 2010.

1 hour ago, FirstTimeLongTime said:

Bad joke I guess. Lives in Ohio and never played football in KY is where I was going with it. 

That was why I left him off the list of transfers I put together a page or so back.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.