Jonathan Smith Hired as Head Coach at McCracken County

bugatti

• bugatti changed the title to Jonathan Smith Hired as Head Coach at McCracken County

We may be saying the same thing - but he coached Tilghman in 2020.  He was only the Associate head coach for McCracken in 2021.  Only one season at McCracken (but I think he may have been hired by McCracken in late-2020).

1 hour ago, D Wolf said:

We may be saying the same thing - but he coached Tilghman in 2020.  He was only the Associate head coach for McCracken in 2021.  Only one season at McCracken (but I think he may have been hired by McCracken in late-2020).

We are 👍

For sure wouldn't have been my first choice, but most likely the safest choice.  A few of the other coaches who applied would have been a "sexier" higher or a more exciting hire, but Coach Smith is a good coach and will keep the program good in Western Kentucky, but I believe that is the ceiling for this one.  I'm all in and ready to see how he pans out, but this was completely the "safest and experienced" hire.  Low ceiling, very high floor.   

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, BigRedTopp11 said:

For sure wouldn't have been my first choice, but most likely the safest choice.  A few of the other coaches who applied would have been a "sexier" higher or a more exciting hire, but Coach Smith is a good coach and will keep the program good in Western Kentucky, but I believe that is the ceiling for this one.  I'm all in and ready to see how he pans out, but this was completely the "safest and experienced" hire.  Low ceiling, very high floor.   

This

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BigRedTopp11 said:

How high was the interest in this job? Given the state of he program, and also how much the district is about to change, I could see it being a job that wasn’t super coveted.

The new District of the future will be no more challenging than it is currently. Most likely one of the Daviess County Schools will be replaced by the New Christian County School. If Coach Clark is the new head coach of the Chistian County Behemoth, pretty sure we will know what to expect.

There was to my knowledge nobody mentioned for the McCracken job other than current coaches already there.

1 hour ago, Joe Tracy said:

The new District of the future will be no more challenging than it is currently. Most likely one of the Daviess County Schools will be replaced by the New Christian County School. If Coach Clark is the new head coach of the Chistian County Behemoth, pretty sure we will know what to expect.

There was to my knowledge nobody mentioned for the McCracken job other than current coaches already there.

Well Marshall County might go back down to 5a, and South Warren could go up to 6A, which would be a huge deal for the district.

5 hours ago, R1 sports fan said:

Well Marshall County might go back down to 5a, and South Warren could go up to 6A, which would be a huge deal for the district.

True, Marshall County will never be a football school, and some say McCracken may not either as long as PT is there. We shall see. Graves County may at some point get to 6A with all the turmoil after the Tornado. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Joe Tracy said:

True, Marshall County will never be a football school, and some say McCracken may not either as long as PT is there. We shall see. Graves County may at some point get to 6A with all the turmoil after the Tornado. 

Graves County barely has 1,000 student's in the high school and is losing more by the day.  If they are going anywhere it will be to 4A.