Rams 23 Bengals 20 Super Bowl LVI

9 hours ago, R1 sports fan said:

They don’t need to run it better they need to just stop trying to run the ball nearly as much, it’s so obvious how hard they want to run the ball on first and second down even when the defense dictated they couldn’t. 

Yeah they do need to run it better. Their offense is really next level when the run is working and they can go with play action. They ran efficiently earlier in the season. To the Bengals and Niners credit both teams really clamped down on the run. I think they'll be OK, but I'd like to be able to run it when game management dictates it.

12 hours ago, ChickenWyngz said:

It blows my mind that there are still people scattered around on social media that truly think the pick should have been Sewell over Chase. Without Chase the Bengals are watching yesterday from home. Honestly, their biggest weakness has been the interior offensive line, so they may have been watching the Wild Card game at home too... not to mention I'm convinced drafting Chase goes a long way toward keeping Burrow long term. Those two have a very special bond. 

Without lineman someone else will be throwing Chase the ball soon.  Burrow, narrowly escaped another major knee injury and will be Andrew Luck unless the front office steps up.

36 minutes ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

LOL, yes, kind of like getting points for writing your name on the ACT, Adeniji was a 12!!

And yet they still got to the Super Bowl with basically backups playing the right side.  To me that says a lot about Taylor and how difficult it must have been to call plays knowing what they were up against.  

I guess the question to ask is.... are any of the starters worthy of being in the lineup next year?  Spain and Williams seemed solid but are position changes in order?

22 hours ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

Did not see this camera shot by NBC during the game. This shot from above was on the last 4th and 1 to basically end the game. 

image.thumb.png.c98198b484104ed99ff35c82fcfbb951.png

That was the 4th and 1 in the first 5 minutes, for the last 4th and one of the game, the formation was different. 

14 hours ago, Jumper_Dad said:

Yeah they do need to run it better. Their offense is really next level when the run is working and they can go with play action. They ran efficiently earlier in the season. To the Bengals and Niners credit both teams really clamped down on the run. I think they'll be OK, but I'd like to be able to run it when game management dictates it.

The Rams could run it better if they were less predictable on when they were going to run in, and McVay needs to take a page out of the Kyle Shanahan play book have a more run diverse scheme(ie more counter and power, with less inside and outside zone). Almost ever first and second down run the Bengals used the 6-1 defense against the Rams offense, dictating that the Rams would not be able to run the ball at least in the way they typically do. McVay refused to adjust until the last drive and it almost cost them the game. 

1 hour ago, REALSPORT said:

And yet they still got to the Super Bowl with basically backups playing the right side.  To me that says a lot about Taylor and how difficult it must have been to call plays knowing what they were up against.  

I guess the question to ask is.... are any of the starters worthy of being in the lineup next year?  Spain and Williams seemed solid but are position changes in order?

I'd think a healthy Riley Reiff is there, right?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, R1 sports fan said:

That was the 4th and 1 in the first 5 minutes, for the last 4th and one of the game, the formation was different. 

Aaron Donald consistently lines up in favorable angles and hovering on being almost offsides.

My biggest problem with the officiating is that they ignored how much holding Ramsey was doing.

4 hours ago, REALSPORT said:

Spain was like the 9th rated guard in the NFL by PFF, to me, I think Williams is more of a right tackle than left.  I’m like most everybody on here, free agents, trades, then see what’s there in the draft, got to if you want the last step, just couldn’t overcome the O line 3 straight games, if you go back and look at wide angles people were open on almost every play but Burrow didn’t have time to go through any progressions

1 hour ago, Voice of Reason said:

Which is why that 3rd and 8 call on Logan Wilson was such a bad call.

It was horrible, he was playing exactly the way we teach DBs to cover. His hand was flat and he got in front of the ball. That penalty cost the Bengals the game.

• Like 1