Open Job: Christian County

18 hours ago, Footballmania said:

This is definitely not true and please don’t spread false rumors like that. 

Can you help a brother out Mania? 

How exactly do you know which rumors are False and which are True??

What standards do you go by? 

Both of the guys mentioned above (Lopez & Goble) have over 40+ years of coaching experience between them and both are local guys. 

Why would they be false rumors??

FACT  Either of those 2 guys have over double the coaching experience of the Big Time College Guru they hired last time who quit within the 1st year.  

Prediction: Again Either of these 2 guys above have over double the coaching experience of the Coach that does get the job this time.  

If I end up wrong on my prediction I will be stunned & will comeback on here & admit it.  

Those 2 guys would in my opinion be a great combination if they could be talked into taking this job. SOMEBODY will have to be convinced , begged or whatever to actually accept this job!

2 hours ago, CoachHB said:

Can you help a brother out Mania? 

How exactly do you know which rumors are False and which are True??

What standards do you go by? 

Both of the guys mentioned above (Lopez & Goble) have over 40+ years of coaching experience between them and both are local guys. 

Why would they be false rumors??

FACT  Either of those 2 guys have over double the coaching experience of the Big Time College Guru they hired last time who quit within the 1st year.  

Prediction: Again Either of these 2 guys above have over double the coaching experience of the Coach that does get the job this time.  

If I end up wrong on my prediction I will be stunned & will comeback on here & admit it.  

Those 2 guys would in my opinion be a great combination if they could be talked into taking this job. SOMEBODY will have to be convinced , begged or whatever to actually accept this job!

Lopez as the DC is public knowledge but everyone knows Clark will run his own offense. Rusty if I’m not mistaken is at a good spot at Trigg.

• Like 1

Clark for OC

Lopez for DC

Go get a winner for HC

For all those who say “it’s already happened!!!!” I actually have talked to those in the know at both schools.

For starters, the Hopkinsville High School Principal and AD made the hire. Clark was the only applicant that had good HC experience. No one wanted this job without assurances they’d get the big job, as to why you didn’t get a lot of applications. Clark knew his time wasn’t long at McCracken, so he’s taking this job hoping he’ll impress the Board.

The Hoptown Principal is not under influence by the board as he was up for the job when the former Christian principal got the job. 

The HHS principal and AD have no power to promise the consolidated job. The HHS principal likely won’t be around for the consolidation. Kerry Stovall is district Athletic Director and he probably will lead the actual search for a new football coach.

How I know this? Someone in here mentioned a Louisville coach will be the new coach. I talked to a big time HC in Louisville. He said he was approached 3-4 weeks ago saying the Board was planning on hiring the Consolidated coach to oversee both programs for the 2022 season and then combine in 2023. There were major names being talked to from in state, out of state, and college. A title 9 interpretation stopped them from doing this as they’d have to do this for all sports, male and female. 

So as of 3 weeks ago, they were doing an actual search that included big names. That got shelved. Clark shortly after accepted the Hoptown job, as there is still a shot he could get the big job. Clark wanted the big job, but it wasn’t likely he’d get it with the names on that list. But now that he’s in the district, he feels he can prove himself in 1 season.

They were having conversations a few weeks back with names that you’d expect for a job that big, so I doubt they’d just promise Clark the job now and change course. 

The new CCHS coach could have the same shot as Clark to coach the consolidated school, or could be the OC. It all depends. 

But one fact remains, the HHS people that hired Clark have 0 power to promise him that job and if they claim so then it’s a lie. The HHS job search hired the best man, but there will be a separate search for a consolidated coach. Nothing has been promised.

1 hour ago, Region2 Hype Man said:

Clark for OC

Lopez for DC

Go get a winner for HC

For all those who say “it’s already happened!!!!” I actually have talked to those in the know at both schools.

For starters, the Hopkinsville High School Principal and AD made the hire. Clark was the only applicant that had good HC experience. No one wanted this job without assurances they’d get the big job, as to why you didn’t get a lot of applications. Clark knew his time wasn’t long at McCracken, so he’s taking this job hoping he’ll impress the Board.

The Hoptown Principal is not under influence by the board as he was up for the job when the former Christian principal got the job. 

The HHS principal and AD have no power to promise the consolidated job. The HHS principal likely won’t be around for the consolidation. Kerry Stovall is district Athletic Director and he probably will lead the actual search for a new football coach.

How I know this? Someone in here mentioned a Louisville coach will be the new coach. I talked to a big time HC in Louisville. He said he was approached 3-4 weeks ago saying the Board was planning on hiring the Consolidated coach to oversee both programs for the 2022 season and then combine in 2023. There were major names being talked to from in state, out of state, and college. A title 9 interpretation stopped them from doing this as they’d have to do this for all sports, male and female. 

So as of 3 weeks ago, they were doing an actual search that included big names. That got shelved. Clark shortly after accepted the Hoptown job, as there is still a shot he could get the big job. Clark wanted the big job, but it wasn’t likely he’d get it with the names on that list. But now that he’s in the district, he feels he can prove himself in 1 season.

They were having conversations a few weeks back with names that you’d expect for a job that big, so I doubt they’d just promise Clark the job now and change course. 

The new CCHS coach could have the same shot as Clark to coach the consolidated school, or could be the OC. It all depends. 

But one fact remains, the HHS people that hired Clark have 0 power to promise him that job and if they claim so then it’s a lie. The HHS job search hired the best man, but there will be a separate search for a consolidated coach. Nothing has been promised.

The Board has no authority to hire any athletic position. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Itch A Stitch said:

The Board has no authority to hire any athletic position. 

True...but having a school board invite someone to interview for a coaching isn't unheard of in the least. And I've got to think if a principal and AD are having their bosses at the school board tell them they want them to look hard at a specific candidate, they're definitely going to take that under serious advisement.

@tackle trap @Big Fletch @CoachHB @KingDeuce @ACHS15 @Footballmania @Region2 Hype Man

So obviously this thread is for the Christian County job opening, but it sounds at the very least like folks are expecting that there could be some consideration taken for the new consolidated "MEGA-School" Hopkinsville-Christian County Academy football program when it comes to this hire

Any idea if there's truth to that on an official level? Or is that primarily just rumor mill and hearsay with maybe a touch of wishful thinking added in?

Current projections are that the HCCA Mega shouldn't be starting up for 2-3 years, in all likelihood.

Just to review the cast of characters for the folks who've gotten lost in the weeds with all the names being tossed around (like I have), the names being mentioned regarding the potential coaching staff for the Christian County mega-school are:

John Adams
Former Christian County Offensive Coordinator under Steve Lovelace. Also was previously head coach at Heath High School, and an assistant coach at McCracken County under Orville Haskins, Shawn Jackson, and Marc Clark.

Marc Clark
Former head coach at McCracken County, 2016-2021. Just named head coach at Hopkinsville, where he previously had been head coach from 2011-2015.

Rusty Goble
Assistant Coach/Offensive Coordinator at Christian County from 1998-2019. Offensive Coordinator at Trigg County 2020-Present.

Dustin Lopez
Associate Head Coach/Defensive Coordinator at Hopkinsville under Craig Clayton. Also was an assistant under Clayton at Hillsboro High School (TN). Was interim head coach at Hopkinsville following Coach Clayton's retirement and up until Marc Clark was introduced as the Tigers' new head coach.

Bryan Lovely
Assistant Coach at Christian County.

Toby Miles
Current Head Coach of the Christian County basketball team. No idea whether or not he's on the football staff or whether or not he has previous experience as a football coach.

8 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Just to review the cast of characters for the folks who've gotten lost in the weeds with all the names being tossed around (like I have), the names being mentioned regarding the potential coaching staff for the Christian County mega-school are:

John Adams
Former Christian County Offensive Coordinator under Steve Lovelace. Also was previously head coach at Heath High School, and an assistant coach at McCracken County under Orville Haskins, Shawn Jackson, and Marc Clark.

Marc Clark
Former head coach at McCracken County, 2016-2021. Just named head coach at Hopkinsville, where he previously had been head coach from 2011-2015.

Rusty Goble
Assistant Coach/Offensive Coordinator at Christian County from 1998-2019. Offensive Coordinator at Trigg County 2020-Present.

Dustin Lopez
Associate Head Coach/Defensive Coordinator at Hopkinsville under Craig Clayton. Also was an assistant under Clayton at Hillsboro High School (TN). Was interim head coach at Hopkinsville following Coach Clayton's retirement and up until Marc Clark was introduced as the Tigers' new head coach.

Bryan Lovely

Toby Miles
Current Head Coach of the Christian County basketball team. No idea whether or not he's on the football staff or whether or not he has previous experience as a football coach.

I also believe there is another coach on Christian County’s staff who has taken a few head coaching interviews this off season. Would that be the current DC? Would he be in the running for the CC job to keep it in house?

40 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

@tackle trap @Big Fletch @CoachHB @KingDeuce @ACHS15 @Footballmania @Region2 Hype Man

So obviously this thread is for the Christian County job opening, but it sounds at the very least like folks are expecting that there could be some consideration taken for the new consolidated "MEGA-School" Hopkinsville-Christian County Academy football program when it comes to this hire

Any idea if there's truth to that on an official level? Or is that primarily just rumor mill and hearsay with maybe a touch of wishful thinking added in?

Current projections are that the HCCA Mega shouldn't be starting up for 2-3 years, in all likelihood.

The scuttlebutt is they are going to combine teams in the Fall of 2023 in time for new KHSAA realignment. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

John Adams

Marc Clark

Rusty Goble

Dustin Lopez

Bryan Lovely

Toby Miles

I can vouch that Goble with 100% certainly will be coaching at Trigg County. He’s last year OC at Christian was 2017 -2018 season took a year off to charge the batteries and has been at Trigg since. They think at Trigg their on the verge of becoming a really solid team and Got one of the best QB’s in WKY and a D1 receiver who’s only going be a junior. With the best incoming freshmen in many years and kids moving into the program they have a mindset they want play the Mega School! 

• Like 3

Rusty is a great football mind, but I can tell you that he’s not a HC because he just does not want that pressure and he’s happy with life. He loves calling plays and not dealing with all the crap that comes with the top job.

If he wants a job as a HC, he’d find one easily. But he’s a guy that grew up and saw his dad be one of the best coaches in KHSAA history and saw how much time it takes.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Region2 Hype Man said:

Clark for OC

Lopez for DC

Go get a winner for HC

Anyone who is delusional enough to think that Coach Clark would leave McCracken for a tryout is crazy.  The only reason it took so long for Clark to make the move was that he needed to get some reassurance.  You would never leave McCracken for a one year trial even if you were on the ropes.  The admin probably did contact the big boys in Louisville but they all probably told them they were not interested so they decided to go with the safe choice.  Clark does do a good job of developing a team and structure.  

17 hours ago, Region2 Hype Man said:

Clark for OC

Lopez for DC

Go get a winner for HC

Not only do you have a personal issue with Coach Clark You & your sources are not getting correct info. Very little truth in this post. 

I looked at Coach Clarks Record over the last 10 years  & this was his1st losing record in 9 years over 2 schools.  The negative attitude MUST be personal! 

7 minutes ago, Big Fletch said:

Anyone who is delusional enough to think that Coach Clark would leave McCracken for a tryout is crazy.  The only reason it took so long for Clark to make the move was that he needed to get some reassurance.  You would never leave McCracken for a one year trial even if you were on the ropes.  The admin probably did contact the big boys in Louisville but they all probably told them they were not interested so they decided to go with the safe choice.  Clark does do a good job of developing a team and structure.  

Agreed. Clark was the best candidate after the other “Big” names said no thanks.

I can see Clark’s structure being a big plus trying to navigate the waters of the unknown with combining two High Schools to play sports.