Open Job: Christian County

HHS and CCHS now are both looking for new coaches. The Colonels will now be on coach #3 in 3 years, with consolidation looming.

Ricky is a great guy and has a bright future, but a lot of more qualified names were turned down to give him this job. 

Gonna be much harder to find a name that wants the job now.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Region2 Hype Man said:

HHS and CCHS now are both looking for new coaches. The Colonels will now be on coach #3 in 3 years, with consolidation looming.

Ricky is a great guy and has a bright future, but a lot of more qualified names were turned down to give him this job. 

Gonna be much harder to find a name that wants the job now.

Seems unlikely, but is there any possibility that Coach Gehres is moving from Christian County over to Hopkinsville? I'd heard rumors that Gehres (a Hoptown grad) had applied for the job. Could be completely false, though.

6 hours ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Seems unlikely, but is there any possibility that Coach Gehres is moving from Christian County over to Hopkinsville? I'd heard rumors that Gehres (a Hoptown grad) had applied for the job. Could be completely false, though.

0.00% chance

1. they’d never hire him

2. he’s moving out of the area

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TylerDurden said:

There's apparently an assistant coach from Clarksville HS who is interested in getting one of the two Christian Co jobs.

Clarksville football isn’t good and the coaching there is terrible so for the sake of those programs I hope they wouldn’t go that route.

On 2/10/2022 at 8:03 AM, Cary Grant said:

The Man for the job!

DB8FA54E-5C75-4D45-A8CB-576B2E4E152C.jpeg

I heard they are creating the job for Urban Thursday night!!

There has been practically zero comments about this job which is very telling as to the state of this football program.  

19 minutes ago, Cary Grant said:

They only need a coach the week before the season opener! Don’t get to excited as it is still early!

I guess your right? After all they can go 0 & 10 with out a Coach!!

maybe 1 & 9 with a Coach!  

2 hours ago, Big Fletch said:

If they are going to hire Clark for the Hoptown job then they should hire Lopez for this job and let them compete for the Consolidated job.  Loser leaves town.

No one smart will take CCHS. Likely 0-10 on a roster that knows this is the last year of CCHS. A toxic situation nobody wants to be around.

• Thanks 1