Open Job: Christian County

On 3/2/2022 at 8:48 AM, CoachHB said:

Not only do you have a personal issue with Coach Clark You & your sources are not getting correct info. Very little truth in this post. 

I looked at Coach Clarks Record over the last 10 years  & this was his1st losing record in 9 years over 2 schools.  The negative attitude MUST be personal! 

2 really good jobs and dominating weak teams. Go over his time and find games where he beat teams with winning records. Name a big time program he beat in his years? Not “oh he almost beat” type stuff, I want actually big wins and playoff wins.

I want someone who wins against the best teams in the state. I’m fine if he’s just the Hoptown coach as I’m a a Colonel. But this consolidated job needs a big time winner. Clark is a winner on a smaller scale WKY level, but not on a BG, Louisville, Lex, ETown, etc type level. 

This town and this school wants to compete for state titles. The talent level is there to do it. Do an actual coaching search.

• Thanks 1

List some names of the coaches from the Louisville, BG, Lex, or Etown that you think would be willing to come to the Hopkinsville area.  There is a lot of talent in the Hoptown/Christian County area just not sure if there is enough to attract one of these big name guys you are expecting.

On 3/2/2022 at 8:44 AM, Big Fletch said:

Anyone who is delusional enough to think that Coach Clark would leave McCracken for a tryout is crazy.  The only reason it took so long for Clark to make the move was that he needed to get some reassurance.  You would never leave McCracken for a one year trial even if you were on the ropes.  The admin probably did contact the big boys in Louisville but they all probably told them they were not interested so they decided to go with the safe choice.  Clark does do a good job of developing a team and structure.  

You have connections, just ask around McCracken and know that he made the move before he was moved. Some of it was unfair as influential parents weren’t happy, but others weren’t happy with results.

Who could assure him of that? I would think they’d actually do a legal search where they’ll post the jobs and do interviews. I’d almost say they legally have to post the job and do interviews. I mean hiring a white coach who already quit this are once to coach a school/team with a lot of African Americans certainly isn’t fair. There’s a qualified guy like Coach Keith that deserves an interview. 

Fletch you’ve got some of the best connections around the state, you and I both know they could go get a big name for this job. This job will pay pretty good too. If the best they can do is Marc Clark, then somebody is not doing their job or they’re just putting him in out of friendship/bias.

Reminds me of when Clayton left the first time. Everyone knew Steve Lovelace should get the job. But the HHS Principal graduated HS with Dixie Jones and gave it to him. Lovelace went on to bring my Colonels to state twice while HHS never had any real playoff success until Craig returned.

I don't disagree they should do a search I am just wondering if any of the big names would actually come.  I am not sure if Coach Keith is interested he seen the writing on the wall when he was here and seems to be very happy in Tennessee, however, I am sure if he did have interest that there was a conversation.  The only point I was making about Clark is that I do not see him leaving McCracken to take a job that would only last one or two years. 

2 hours ago, Big Fletch said:

I don't disagree they should do a search I am just wondering if any of the big names would actually come.  I am not sure if Coach Keith is interested he seen the writing on the wall when he was here and seems to be very happy in Tennessee, however, I am sure if he did have interest that there was a conversation.  The only point I was making about Clark is that I do not see him leaving McCracken to take a job that would only last one or two years. 

@Big Fletch ...every time I see your name pop up I click looking to see if you've got this as your profile picture 😂

Dg5morZXUAMAZDk.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Big Fletch said:

I just think there’s more to the story. I think 1-2 people at Hoptown wanted Clark back and have loud voices in the community. 

That person may have been told that Clark will have the job, but was told that so they’d be quiet. I can tell you that Clark was being lobbied by 1 individual with some big weight. I’m just thinking he was told that so he’d back off. 

It may be true he believes that and was told that, but the promise wasn’t really one that he can rely on.

53 minutes ago, Region2 Hype Man said:

I just think there’s more to the story. I think 1-2 people at Hoptown wanted Clark back and have loud voices in the community. 

That person may have been told that Clark will have the job, but was told that so they’d be quiet. I can tell you that Clark was being lobbied by 1 individual with some big weight. I’m just thinking he was told that so he’d back off. 

It may be true he believes that and was told that, but the promise wasn’t really one that he can rely on.

That may be the case but a ten year veteran is not just going to leave a school where he at least has a shelf life of one more year to try out for the big job  (I know he had some issues there).  It makes no sense to uproot your young family to take a one year job when you could just wait it out at another school that is paying you a considerable more amount of money.  I just don't see Coach Clark agreeing to something like that and/or being someones assistant.  

22 hours ago, Big Fletch said:

That may be the case but a ten year veteran is not just going to leave a school where he at least has a shelf life of one more year to try out for the big job  (I know he had some issues there).  It makes no sense to uproot your young family to take a one year job when you could just wait it out at another school that is paying you a considerable more amount of money.  I just don't see Coach Clark agreeing to something like that and/or being someones assistant.  

Then something is fishy at that board office. You have to agree that if a position of that magnitude is promised to someone, then that’s highly unethical. There needs to be a search. I assume there will be one and that one influential person that’s pushing so hard for Clark will be upset in the end. 

• Thanks 1

10. No gambling, bookmaking or point spread comments are allowed in any of the high school forums. Figures of speech that use gambling terms may not be used in any of the high school forums (i.e. bet, over/under, spread, parlay, chips, line, odds). All gambling comments are permitted in the non-high school forums as long as they do not involve any high school sports, students, or student-athletes.

On 3/5/2022 at 11:00 AM, Region2 Hype Man said:

Then something is fishy at that board office. You have to agree that if a position of that magnitude is promised to someone, then that’s highly unethical. There needs to be a search. I assume there will be one and that one influential person that’s pushing so hard for Clark will be upset in the end. 

There should be a search but my point was that I did not believe that Coach Clark would leave for a one year try out.  It just does not add up.  

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Big Fletch said:

There should be a search but my point was that I did not believe that Coach Clark would leave for a one year try out.  It just does not add up.  

For some reason that guy just wont accept the fact that a search was already done! the guys they reached to all said NO! 

Clark is the best candidate that actually wanted the job! 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Big Fletch said:

So who is Christian County going to get to Coach their ball team for next year? Do they have any assistants that are looking to get some head coaching experience?  

I heard they were going to set up at Wal Mart And ask People if they wanted to Coach the Colonels!!!!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Big Fletch said:

So who is Christian County going to get to Coach their ball team for next year? Do they have any assistants that are looking to get some head coaching experience?  

After giving this job much thought I realize we have the Perfect  candidate right here before our eyes!!! 
Region 2 Guy please take this job & show all the wannabe coaches in the area exactly how it should be done!!

Bless those kids with your mighty football knowledge!!

Instead of just Bashing the Tigers coach Become the Head Colonal & beat him!!!!!!!!!

• Haha 1