UK Basketball Fans VS UL Basketball Fans In Louisville.

ADopted ADmiral

After our non-BGP brother moved to Lexington, we thought he'd get killed for being a UofL fan... but shockingly, more and more UofL fans seemed to come out of the woodwork. It's not quite 'safe' for them in the Big Blue homeland yet, but like Christians of old Rome, they communicate with various signs that tell each other "Go Cards!" and the like. I can just imagine someone getting the ability to read these signs, being like the kid from 6th Sense... "I see Cardinals fans... they're everywhere... some of them don't even know they're Red..."

Okay, my imagination went too far out of it's way. Sorry.

The point is, they're there.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think so. You can buy UK stuff anywhere. Even a Dollar General Store!:p

Sure, in this state.. Go elsewhere and see what teams you see on the shelves.. UK might be there, but they'll have a hat and shorts for sale..Where Duke, UNC, etc.. will have 12 different jerseys, hats, shorts, and everything else you can think of for sale. I saw a Florida Gators salt and pepper set in Naples this summer. Other schools capitolize on this, UK does not.

About 50K in Nashville for UK FOOTBALL! I'd say we travel just fine :thumb:

We're talking basketball here. As few and far between as UK bowl games usually are I'm not surprised that so many traveled. The 20somethings that went to this one may well be retirees before the next one.:D

We're talking basketball here. As few and far between as UK bowl games usually are I'm not surprised that so many traveled. The 20somethings that went to this one may well be retirees before the next one.:D

Well if you'd like to check NCAA Tournament games or the SEC Tournament go right ahead. UK dominates those crowds as well.

Are you saying UK doesn't travel well for basketball? If so, that's a complete joke. Or were you just trying to find something negative about UK's bowl win?

Then why were there only 11K for theri last two games at Freedom Hall?

Many UK fans have to pick and choose what games they want to attend. And clearly many choose to watch games in Rupp.

So let me get this straight UK doesn't travel well because they don't pack Freedom Hall? Yet they dominate the SEC tournament and NCAA. Solid Reasoning :lol: :lol:

They played UT-Chattanooga at 7pm on a Tuesday night, on the road, with increased ticket prices.. Some of us live a few hours from Louisville and have jobs, making it difficult to attend games like this. It's hard to justify driving 3 hours each way, to watch UK play a team you know they are going to beat, at Freedom Hall of all places. I will say this, UK brought more people to that game than any other school would have, playing away from home.

How many fans did UL take to the NIT last year? 3-5k?:lol:

So, then that must mean UK fans only go to games they want to see?? Louisville played San Francisco last night and the place was full....;)

They just wanted to see a win, because they're gonna be few and far between from here on out.

A poll about 5 years ago said UK had more college basketball fans nationwide than any other program.

Two things:

1 - I don't think this is true...

2 - I certainly do not think it would be the case today...

Nationally, if I were to guess the most loved programs, they would be these:

1 - UNC

2 - UCLA

3 - Kansas

4 - Georgetown

5 - Duke

Two things:

1 - I don't think this is true...

2 - I certainly do not think it would be the case today...

Nationally, if I were to guess the most loved programs, they would be these:

1 - UNC

2 - UCLA

3 - Kansas

4 - Georgetown

5 - Duke

UNC has to compete in their own state with Duke, NC State, WF. They have a large fan base, but not even close to UK's. UCLA, no way imo. In some years they have trouble filling their home gym.

We're talking national here.

In the same poll Notre Dame was # 1 in football fan base.

How much this has changed since '99, I don't know. But I'd say not much.

The poll I'm talking about was around 1999. UK was # 1 by quite a distance.