UK Basketball Fans VS UL Basketball Fans In Louisville.

ADopted ADmiral

I have no doubt that there are more UL fans in Louisville. However, statewide and nationwide, it's not even close. UK wins hands down.

Statewide, of course. I don't know about nationwide... I'd say UK would have the edge, but it may be closer than some think.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's more U of L fans in Louisville than UK fans, but there is a strong contingent of UK fans in the Cards home city, a much much smaller percentage of Cards fans outside of Louisville area, especially in Lexington and Eastern KY. I don't really have a problem with UK fans in Louisville or U of L fans in Lexington, but can't stand the UNC and Duke fans living in this state, there's quality b-ball here, if you can't pick Royal blue or Red move to tobacco road and don't let the door hit you!

However, statewide and nationwide, it's not even close. UK wins hands down.

You're right, though the gap on the nationwide is closing mightily....I think they said that U of L ranked 33rd in merchandise sold this past year, I am sure that next would be even better.

I don't really have a problem with UK fans in Louisville or U of L fans in Lexington, but can't stand the UNC and Duke fans living in this state, there's quality b-ball here, if you can't pick Royal blue or Red move to tobacco road and don't let the door hit you!

Well, you know how the old saying goes, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You're right, though the gap on the nationwide is closing mightily....I think they said that U of L ranked 33rd in merchandise sold this past year, I am sure that next would be even better.

Doesn't necessarily mean they have more fans though. Maybe they just have a good marketing department. UK doesn't market their product very well at all. They probably only have about half as much merchandise available compared to UNC, Duke, UL and so on. Look at Duke for example, their fanbase is relitively small, but they market their product very well.

Doesn't necessarily mean they have more fans though. Maybe they just have a good marketing department. UK doesn't market their product very well at all. They probably only have about half as much merchandise available compared to UNC, Duke, UL and so on. Look at Duke for example, their fanbase is relitively small, but they market their product very well.

I don't think so. You can buy UK stuff anywhere. Even a Dollar General Store!:p