UK Basketball Fans VS UL Basketball Fans In Louisville.

ADopted ADmiral

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think a little harder.

I still don't get what your saying.. I know nothing about Wave3 or their coverage area so I am just speculating, but I assume they cover all areas of Louisville.. Your saying they don't? Or your saying UL fans don't participate in polls conducted by Wave3? Im running out of ideas here..

UK played in Freedom Hall a few weeks ago, only had 11,000 fans...UL pretty consistently has 19,000 or more...I would think Louisville has more fans....

UK played UT-Chattanooga in a game that had inflated ticket prices and was not part of the season ticket package. Not exactly a game of high demand for UK fans.

But I thought UK fans were the greatest in the world and would trade their first born for a chance to see their beloved cats in person.

If you are referring to seeing UT Chat. in Freedom Hall, then UK guy is just as interested as the next person in wanting to see them live in action. I have seen UK play in Freedom Hall on 3 different occassions and two of the times were against solid competition (not including UL which was the other). It was full both times.

But the bottom line is that I have heard MANY, MANY, MANY UK fans chime in about how loyal their fan base is, how they would follow their team through Hades in a gasoline overcoat, how they rank UK basketball above all other aspects of their life. With all that the last two times UK has played in Freedom Hall (in a city where more the half the population is part of that fan base {i dispute that by the way}) the attendance has been low. I guess UK fans are only UK fans if their team is playing someone deemed important.