UK Basketball Fans VS UL Basketball Fans In Louisville.

ADopted ADmiral

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But the bottom line is that I have heard MANY, MANY, MANY UK fans chime in about how loyal their fan base is, how they would follow their team through Hades in a gasoline overcoat, how they rank UK basketball above all other aspects of their life. With all that the last two times UK has played in Freedom Hall (in a city where more the half the population is part of that fan base {i dispute that by the way}) the attendance has been low. I guess UK fans are only UK fans if their team is playing someone deemed important.

For the "MANY, MANY, MANY UK fans" you speak of, there are that many times 500 across the state that think the opposite way. Spin it whatever way you want, UK's support is pretty darn impressive (if not one of the best), despite the low number in attendance for the UT Chatanooga game.

But, if it makes you feel better thinking all of UK fans are crazy, then go for it. :D

:thumb:

I would think UL would have more fans in Da Ville... although it is probably pretty close, which one would expect for a state school. I have a hard time thinking Vandy has more supporters than UT in Nashville (sort of a similar situation).

So, then that must mean UK fans only go to games they want to see?? Louisville played San Francisco last night and the place was full....;)

That's not what I said, but if that's what you got out of it fine by me..

Move last nights UL - San Fran game to Rupp Arena with a 7pm game time. Then raise ticket prices and don't offer it as part of the season ticket package and see how many UL fans show up.

UK's fan support speaks for itself.

But I thought UK fans were the greatest in the world and would trade their first born for a chance to see their beloved cats in person.

:D :D :D

The city of Louisville is 1/2 UK 1/4 Louisville and 1/4 Indiana.

If there are as many Louisville fans as Indiana fans in Louisville then I am Samuel L. Jackson. Pleased to meet you. Mind if I have some of your tasty beverage to wash this down? Because it's hard to swallow.

That's a good question, but I am quite sure that UL would likely win...more or less because of the urban fans, that I am quite sure were not in the Wave3 survey.

I know I wasn't surveyed. Anyone else on here from Louisville surveyed? I'm a rural fan myself, but alas.

I definitely would say there are more Louisville fans than Kentucky fans. But there certainly are a large percentage of Kentucky fans. Enough to make this an interesting place to live. That, plus St. X and Trinity and Male and Manual... Louisville is quite the rival town.