UK Basketball Fans VS UL Basketball Fans In Louisville.

ADopted ADmiral

I would say a vast majority of UK grads stay here in KY....with that there is no team in America that gets the exposure that Duke does.

You'll find a large contingent of UK Alumni in almost every major American city. Duke does get a lot of media bias, but a lot of people dislike them for that. Any publicity is good publicity, but it doesn't always translate to more fans.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seeing as his post was probably based on pure speculation, I'm going to say UK is not loved nearly as much nationwide as some would like to think...

No I can't prove it on this site. To my knowledge there have not been any studies to support my opinion. But I have seen it with my own eyes. I have watched UK basketball and football games in sports bars in various cities around the country. Atlanta, New Orleans, Chicago, New York, Boston to name a few. Needless to say, I wasn't the only UK fan there watching the game. So I wouldn't call that pure speculation.

Can you prove that Im wrong?

No I can't prove it on this site. To my knowledge there have not been any studies to support my opinion. But I have seen it with my own eyes. I have watched UK basketball and football games in sports bars in various cities around the country. Atlanta, New Orleans, Chicago, New York, Boston to name a few. Needless to say, I wasn't the only UK fan there watching the game. So I wouldn't call that pure speculation.

Can you prove that Im wrong?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

So your "stat" comes from seeing things with your own eyes...Ok...I've been to several large cities myself...Stated I was a Louisville fan, and gotten "You don't like UK? Yeah, neither do we..." So that must mean that UK doesn't have a large national following, correct?

I think that UK was probably one of the most popular basketball teams in the 70's and the 80's , But I think it had more to do with Cawood Ledford doing his play-calling on WHAS which was readily available nationwide.

Today with Satellite TV and ESPN I think it is more of what have you done for me lately thing!

With all of this being said I see a lot of UK fans in the sports bars here in Florida.:thumb:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

So your "stat" comes from seeing things with your own eyes...Ok...I've been to several large cities myself...Stated I was a Louisville fan, and gotten "You don't like UK? Yeah, neither do we..." So that must mean that UK doesn't have a large national following, correct?

Your reaching pretty deep there.. What "stat" are you talking about? Like I said, I can't prove it on this site. Can you prove that Im wrong? Didn't think so...

However I would trust seeing it with my own eyes.. Rather than just thinking it up in my head, as some of us are doing.