Highlands 53 Simon Kenton 38

theguru

Weird deal on the game with the delay. Congrats to Birds for holding on. SK played tough to the end. Crone and SKs RB are some talented  football players. Congrats to Noon on the electric debut. Birds win, 2-0. Moving on to next week. 

• Thanks 1

Overall, kind of disappointed in how the Birds played; especially defensively. 

My thoughts on the game: 

- Sam Robinson is going to do Sam Robinson things. He is a leader, the best defensive player and if you ask him to play offense he will be a stud there too. 

- CBs need a lot of work. Like a lot. If i were to play HHS I would pick on the CBs over and over until they make me wrong. Unfortunately, as of right now, i would be right a lot. 

- Jake Welch's speed is special. It is awesome to see him being utilized other than just throwing vertical routes to him and hoping for the best. 

- Charlie Noon has grown so much in the last year both physically and maturity wise. He is ripping the ball down field and being accurate but he is also running when he has the opportunity not just because he wants to. He is also being smart physically; like when he stepped out of bounds right before half rather than taking a hit. Big progress for him. 

- The last two weeks have been the best offensive play calling I have seen since Coach Mueller. There is balance and aggressiveness. Right before half HHS actually tired to score and did ; that would have never happened under the previous staff. 

- Special Teams coverage teams still leave a lot to be desired. 

- The willingness to play players in multiple positions and on both sides of the ball is awesome to see. Some will question seeing Charlie playing defense, but I cannot stress enough how awesome it is too see the staff being willing to utilize the best players. 

- Benke is tall, fast, has great hands, and can jump. He is going to be a problem for the next 3 years. 

- Running Back is a major issue. I would venture to guess that in the last two games HHS has ran for no more than 125 yards. I hope that Cam Giesler helps that. But either way, HHS desperately needs to improve the run game. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Kenny Powers said:

Overall, kind of disappointed in how the Birds played; especially defensively. 

My thoughts on the game: 

- Sam Robinson is going to do Sam Robinson things. He is a leader, the best defensive player and if you ask him to play offense he will be a stud there too. 

- CBs need a lot of work. Like a lot. If i were to play HHS I would pick on the CBs over and over until they make me wrong. Unfortunately, as of right now, i would be right a lot. 

- Jake Welch's speed is special. It is awesome to see him being utilized other than just throwing vertical routes to him and hoping for the best. 

- Charlie Noon has grown so much in the last year both physically and maturity wise. He is ripping the ball down field and being accurate but he is also running when he has the opportunity not just because he wants to. He is also being smart physically; like when he stepped out of bounds right before half rather than taking a hit. Big progress for him. 

- The last two weeks have been the best offensive play calling I have seen since Coach Mueller. There is balance and aggressiveness. Right before half HHS actually tired to score and did ; that would have never happened under the previous staff. 

- Special Teams coverage teams still leave a lot to be desired. 

- The willingness to play players in multiple positions and on both sides of the ball is awesome to see. Some will question seeing Charlie playing defense, but I cannot stress enough how awesome it is too see the staff being willing to utilize the best players. 

- Benke is tall, fast, has great hands, and can jump. He is going to be a problem for the next 3 years. 

- Running Back is a major issue. I would venture to guess that in the last two games HHS has ran for no more than 125 yards. I hope that Cam Giesler helps that. But either way, HHS desperately needs to improve the run game. 

I appreciate all the detail Kenny.

• Like 2