Ashland at Highlands Predictions/Updates

Ashland at Highlands predictions  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Ashland vs. Highlands

Checking the schedule for the season that kicks off Monday night, and this game jumped out at me.  Both teams had stellar years in 2019-20, with Ashland finishing a perfect 33-0 and cutting down the 16th Region nets.  Meanwhile the 'Birds were 28-4 and 9th Region runners-up.  The two get together on Monday night in Fort Thomas.  

Who ya' got?

• Thanks 1

I think I'm going to give the slightest of nods to Ashland.  Looks like both squads have plenty of firepower returning from last year.  Appears to be one that could go either way, but that's just me looking at it on paper.  Would love to hear what others have to say who know one or both teams well.

Liking Highlands at home.  Sam Vinson is the real deal and should make a run for Mr. Basketball this year.  Luke Muller is a big guy who can fill it up from 3.  Highlands gym would typically be rocking for this game..intresting to see what the crowd is like with corona.  Will this game be broadcast online?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Believe It said:

Liking Highlands at home.  Sam Vinson is the real deal and should make a run for Mr. Basketball this year.  Luke Muller is a big guy who can fill it up from 3.  Highlands gym would typically be rocking for this game..intresting to see what the crowd is like with corona.  Will this game be broadcast online?

Not sure that the "home court" advantage really makes much difference here, unless the gym (I've never been in Highlands' gym) is in some way unusual.   I wouldn't expect enough fans to make a difference...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tomcats1990 said:

Ashland is really really good and loaded with playmakers. How the new players mesh with the the returnees is yet to be seen. Villars and Porter make a very dangerous 1-2 punch. I’ll take Ashland in a close game.

I'm familiar with Villars & Porter, but who are some of the new guys we should watch for?

1 hour ago, ColonelMike said:

Not sure that the "home court" advantage really makes much difference here, unless the gym (I've never been in Highlands' gym) is in some way unusual.   I wouldn't expect enough fans to make a difference...

I tend to agree in the current climate.  Maybe gym familiarity could give an advantage & not having to travel so long.  But I can't imagine a crowd making a difference.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Randy Parker said:

I saw that the Lexington Herald has Ashland ranked #1 in the 16th & Highlands #2 in the 9th.  

I really expect this to be a good game just looking at things on paper.  Would love to be able to watch this one.

Me too.    Great game to start the season.    My gut says Ashland....but you make a good point about the drive.   That's a haul....wonder when Ashland will get there?

34 minutes ago, Randy Parker said:

I'm familiar with Villars & Porter, but who are some of the new guys we should watch for?

Ashland I believe got 3 transfers. PG from Greenup County a freshman who played Varsity last season. Marcum brothers from Spring Valley WVA.  One a senior 6’9, one a junior 6’7. Ashland last year had no size and played a lot of 5 guard lineups. This year they have size how those 2 mesh will be interesting to see.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Believe It said:

Are they letting people in or just parents?

3 hours ago, Believe It said:

859 Sports with audio and video

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Tomcats1990 said:

Hoping MY TOWN TV will televise this game on utube and or Facebook.

I hope My Town TV covers it too.  I want to watch this game.   

If Ashland finds chemistry early, I am taking the Tomcats.  I am somewhat familiar with the 16th region teams.  I have not seen the Big from W. Virginia play but the Freshman from that came from Greenup is a player.  I caught some of Ashland's games last season and they are returning 3 starting Guards that are very good.  Even though it is very early in the season, I am still saying that Ashland wins this one.  

• Like 1

• theguru changed the title to Ashland at Highlands Predictions/Updates
  • theguru locked this topic