Alex Trebek has died at the age of 80

12 hours ago, Jumper_Dad said:

Hated to hear the news earlier day.

I wonder who will stand behind his podium? I think Ken Jennings would be the obvious answer, but I'm sure there are others.

I think they've been working Ken into some of the topics since they resumed tapings, haven't they.  I think that was the plan...to get people used to seeing Ken on the "answer" side...and then have him become the full-time replacement when the time came.  Now, whether or not they assumed it'd be right now...who knows.  I wonder how far ahead they are in the tapings.

13 hours ago, Jumper_Dad said:

Hated to hear the news earlier day.

I wonder who will stand behind his podium? I think Ken Jennings would be the obvious answer, but I'm sure there are others.

1 hour ago, CincySportsFan said:

I think they've been working Ken into some of the topics since they resumed tapings, haven't they.  I think that was the plan...to get people used to seeing Ken on the "answer" side...and then have him become the full-time replacement when the time came.  Now, whether or not they assumed it'd be right now...who knows.  I wonder how far ahead they are in the tapings.

The rumor mill months back was more towards Brad Rutter, not Ken Jennings. Not sure either can do the job. You have to be a smooth operating commentator, not just some kind of braniac. Them two and James Holzhauer are slated to be on the Chase as the "chaser."

Trabek's last tapings will run through Christmas Day.

21 hours ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Funny that Sean Connery and Alex Trebek died within days of each other.

I just thought this myself. Somehow my wife had never seen any of these skits, so we ended up watching a few last night. 

• Like 1