Kentucky 79 Chattanooga 63

oldrambler

Haha, I'd say your level of intensity was sketchy at best if you never needed a breather!

No chance, you can find time to catch your breath. I smoke and I still play a lot of sports and never ever have I ever wanted to leave the game to rest. Granted I'm not on KY's level, but they should be in at least 10 times better basketball shape than I am right now. Allen Iverson runs 40 minutes 82 nights a year. A LOT of NBA guys do. If you run your team properly then most of your player can play 35 minutes a game easy.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No chance, you can find time to catch your breath. I smoke and I still play a lot of sports and never ever have I ever wanted to leave the game to rest. Granted I'm not on KY's level, but they should be in at least 10 times better basketball shape than I am right now. Allen Iverson runs 40 minutes 82 nights a year. A LOT of NBA guys do. If you run your team properly then most of your player can play 35 minutes a game easy.

I played for Danny Adams at Magoffin County and I would venture to say that we went harder in practice than 90% of the teams in Kentucky, but when 110% was given in the game - there were plenty of times when everyone was winded and had to take a breather.

They play full court.

Here's what being tired means to me, in transition defense at the beginning of a game players are able to get back and take away some passing angles, later in the game you are two steps short of where you could get to in the same amount of time as before and now leaving the diagonal passing lanes open. You may not feel tired but you are not as fast as you were in the beginning.

Here's what being tired means to me, in transition defense at the beginning of a game players are able to get back and take away some passing angles, later in the game you are two steps short of where you could get to in the same amount of time as before and now leaving the diagonal passing lanes open. You may not feel tired but you are not as fast as you were in the beginning.

If you give 110% when you're in the game, you feel tired, as well. You may want to "hide it" and not come out of the game, but you know when you're tired.

If you give 110% when you're in the game, you feel tired, as well. You may want to "hide it" and not come out of the game, but you know when you're tired.

I agree a little. I know when I could have got that pass or loose ball or not. Mentally though I refuse to give in to fatigue. I will always try to find a way to compensate.

I agree a little. I know when I could have got that pass or loose ball or not. Mentally though I refuse to give in to fatigue. I will always try to find a way to compensate.

I hated coming out of the game, as well. But, I finally figured out that it helped the team alot more when I allowed a sub to come in and let me catch my breath. Now, in City League or pickup ball, I'll do whatever it takes.

Im sorry, but UK USED TO play, and be feared like the teams that just beat our socks off. We are officially a mid-level team in the SEC. Yes good teams beat us, but normally UK wins those games. I have began to hope we lose, because hopefully more loses will get Tubby out. This is just my personal opinion you can agree or disagree, we will see in March.

I am ashamed to call you a fellow UK fan....And yes we will see come March...

I have played a game or two in the Morehead city league that you refer to and I don't think many people realize the level of play that it requires. I played a game in Ironton this week and I am at a point that guys half my age are eligible to play, needless to say I became a little winded quickly.

I have played a game or two in the Morehead city league that you refer to and I don't think many people realize the level of play that it requires. I played a game in Ironton this week and I am at a point that guys half my age are eligible to play, needless to say I became a little winded quickly.

You must have college-level talent to have any success in the Morehead City League. I am pretty confident that an all star team could be chosen from that league that would probably give MSU's real team a run for the money.

You must have college-level talent to have any success in the Morehead City League. I am pretty confident that an all star team could be chosen from that league that would probably give MSU's real team a run for the money.

I don't have college level talent. I will clarify that before those that know me jump on me here. I believe I am a good role player. I try to do the little things that make a difference. I will knock down the open jumper and am capable of dropping 20 if left unattended. (I did this on Monday) I think of myself as a Kurt Rambis. I do agree that the Rec league in Morehead is top notch. One thing is for sure, I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was. I am still faster and more effective that Sheray Thomas.

There are times to get a breath. Foul shots, walk the ball up, someone gets a good box out on you. There are times when you can breath. Like I said, I'm not in the shape that UK guys are. I couldn't go play full court at that level and not get tired. However, high schoolers, pros, and college players have been doing it for a long time.

There are times to get a breath. Foul shots, walk the ball up, someone gets a good box out on you. There are times when you can breath. Like I said, I'm not in the shape that UK guys are. I couldn't go play full court at that level and not get tired. However, high schoolers, pros, and college players have been doing it for a long time.

Its not all about getting yoru breath. Its all about your legs getting numb and not being able to do what you think in your mind that you can do. If you play the game and don't get tired, you're either a freak of nature (Allen Iverson), or you're not giving 110% on every play.

I don't have college level talent. I will clarify that before those that know me jump on me here. I believe I am a good role player. I try to do the little things that make a difference. I will knock down the open jumper and am capable of dropping 20 if left unattended. (I did this on Monday) I think of myself as a Kurt Rambis. I do agree that the Rec league in Morehead is top notch. One thing is for sure, I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was. I am still faster and more effective that Sheray Thomas.

Have you played in the City League in the past 5 years? I play on the Downtown BP team in the A League. We did have Allen Edwards, but he moved on when he changed jobs.