Kentucky 79 Chattanooga 63

oldrambler

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny that the one thing that people rip on Tubby for, recruiting, is the exact reason why they are not performing as expected, top recruiting class not playing as expected.

If the sophomre and senior classes had any talent at all that would greatly benefit Morris and Crawford.

I'm telling you - I've seen it a hundred times before. UK lost their legs in the second half. All shots were short, all free throws were missed, all players were bent over - they were fatigued. We needed some energy off the bench, but Tubby was afraid to replace his best players.

I seriously doubt you've seen that a hundred times. :lol: :lol:

UK wins and has won dozens of games because MOST teams can't play two halves with them.

(MOST YEARS)

Even last year - we were always in the game. We lost most of our games by less then 6 - 8 points. Several by 4.

Florida, Kansas and dum, dum, dum ------INDIANA are the ONLY tams to beat us by more then 8 points.

Perhaps, because we were missing the bench talent, so the go-to-guys are more tired. I can agree with that...but only with last year.

Even a sub-par team will give their BEST shot at UK...but most just can't maintain.

UK is really going to struggle if they are not hitting the 3 this year. Crawford and Bradley hit a bunch last night, but I don't think they are consistent enough to do that every game.

Most teams these days all struggle if they are not hitting their threes.UK is no different from everyone else.If you are not hitting you're shots you usually struggle to score.:thumb:

I seriously doubt you've seen that a hundred times. :lol: :lol:

UK wins and has won dozens of games because MOST teams can't play two halves with them.

(MOST YEARS)

Even last year - we were always in the game. We lost most of our games by less then 6 - 8 points. Several by 4.

Florida, Kansas and dum, dum, dum ------INDIANA are the ONLY tams to beat us by more then 8 points.

Perhaps, because we were missing the bench talent, so the go-to-guys are more tired. I can agree with that...but only with last year.

Even a sub-par team will give their BEST shot at UK...but most just can't maintain.

I didn't mean that I've saw UK do it hundreds of times. I meant in all my experiences of Pee Wee, Junior Pro, Elementary, Middle School, Freshman, Junior Varsity, Varsity, College Junior Varsity, College Varsity, Intramurals at two colleges, City Leagues, Church Leagues, Weekend tournaments, Pickup games, and the thousands of games I've watched on t.v. or attended over the past 25 years or so.

Wow you just must think UK is a terrible team this season or something. I mean yeah they already have 3 losses, but look who the losses were against. Its not like we have went out and lost to mid major schools like alot of teams have so far. And well besides the Memphis game in the second half, we have played pretty well in those losses. The record might not show it right now, but this years team is not a bad team...[/QUOTE]

So you're saying KY is a good team??????????????????????? WOW

UK is a good team!!! Operative word is GOOD.

Is UK an elite team THIS year.....probably not...not yet, at least.

Is UK the dominating fear-mongerer that they usually are.....Not right now or even last year.

IMO, they are just 1 recruiting class short.

Its not like it was YEARS ago that we won SEC titles and nearly went undefeated in the SEC year in and year out.

How quickly people forget...I guess Tubby should have been fired after these seasons, huh??

2004-2005 = SEC Champions 2 sec losses 4 OOC losses

2003-2004 = SEC Champion 3 SEC losses 2 OOC losses

2002-2003 = SEC Champions 0 SEC losses 4 OOC losses

2001-2002 = 6 SEC losses 4 OOS losses

2000-2001 = SEC Champions 4 SEC losses 6 OOC losses

But ask any D1 coach if they think UK is a good team.

Sheeesh.....haha.

I didn't mean that I've saw UK do it hundreds of times. I meant in all my experiences of Pee Wee, Junior Pro, Elementary, Middle School, Freshman, Junior Varsity, Varsity, College Junior Varsity, College Varsity, Intramurals at two colleges, City Leagues, Church Leagues, Weekend tournaments, Pickup games, and the thousands of games I've watched on t.v. or attended over the past 25 years or so.

oh..hahaha.. My bad. :thumb: :thumb:

Yeah. no doubt.

oh..hahaha.. My bad. :thumb: :thumb:

Yeah. no doubt.

I've been in that position many times. You use up all of your energy and really need to go to the bench, but you continue to play. The other team almost senses it and goes on a run. You get dead legs, where all your shots fall short, your passes get lazy, you foul lazily, you stop doing the fundamentals of the game, etc...

Of course, on the flip side of that coin, it feels nice when you see that look in your opponent's eyes!

I've never needed a breather. Not once in my 27 years. Granted I wasn't playing on the level KY is, but I used to weigh 310 pounds and could run up and down the court for hours.

Morris and Bradley played good, other than that I was not impressed at all. Way too many turnovers for me. I think the young ones will get better as the season unfolds

They passed the ball instead of dribbling it. They moved the ball and moved off the ball which resulted in TO's. I can live with TO's but not Tubby ball.

I've never needed a breather. Not once in my 27 years. Granted I wasn't playing on the level KY is, but I used to weigh 310 pounds and could run up and down the court for hours.

Haha, I'd say your level of intensity was sketchy at best if you never needed a breather!