Kentucky 79 Chattanooga 63

oldrambler

Have you played in the City League in the past 5 years? I play on the Downtown BP team in the A League. We did have Allen Edwards, but he moved on when he changed jobs.

I played a few games with some older guys from Olive Hill, probably played 5 games in the last five years. Just when they needed someone. Too far for me to drive all the time because of the little Yaks schedules.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its not all about getting yoru breath. Its all about your legs getting numb and not being able to do what you think in your mind that you can do. If you play the game and don't get tired, you're either a freak of nature (Allen Iverson), or you're not giving 110% on every play.

What's 110%? I've heard of 100% an nobody gives that every play, they fin time to breath. Oxygen fuels your legs so as long as you're in great shape your legs shouldn't get tired from 1 game.

What's 110%? I've heard of 100% an nobody gives that every play, they fin time to breath. Oxygen fuels your legs so as long as you're in great shape your legs shouldn't get tired from 1 game.

110% is when you leave end the game with so many floor burns that your knees end up scarred for life; when you dive through the scorer's table to save a loose ball - even if there's chance for you to save it - just to send a message to the other team; when you take charges all over the court; when you put a butt in your man's knees and back him out about 5 feet on every rebound opportunity; when you step up and put a shot on every cutter that comes across the lane; when you set good hard screens and your teammate "rubs" the screen; when you take the baseline drive away by beating the offensive player to the spot and putting one foot out of bounds to insure he doesn't get around you; when you hustle on and off the court; when you believe the game is NEVER over as long as there is still time on the clock; when you respect your coach, your teammates, and your fans - and most of all - your opponents.

That's 110%.

110% is when you leave end the game with so many floor burns that your knees end up scarred for life; when you dive through the scorer's table to save a loose ball - even if there's chance for you to save it - just to send a message to the other team; when you take charges all over the court; when you put a butt in your man's knees and back him out about 5 feet on every rebound opportunity; when you step up and put a shot on every cutter that comes across the lane; when you set good hard screens and your teammate "rubs" the screen; when you take the baseline drive away by beating the offensive player to the spot and putting one foot out of bounds to insure he doesn't get around you; when you hustle on and off the court; when you believe the game is NEVER over as long as there is still time on the clock; when you respect your coach, your teammates, and your fans - and most of all - your opponents.

That's 110%.

Now this I can agree with you on! Great definition and answer to a question.:thumb:

Now this I can agree with you on! Great definition and answer to a question.:thumb:

I didn't mean to get so worked up, but that's the only way I've ever known how to play the game - and when you play it the way its supposed to be played, you do get fatigued. I don't care what kind of shape you're in.

I didn't mean to get so worked up, but that's the only way I've ever known how to play the game - and when you play it the way its supposed to be played, you do get fatigued. I don't care what kind of shape you're in.

Desire and intensity carry alot that is for sure. You are 100% correct when you said that is the way the game is supposed to be played. I do believe however that "legs" can go, meaning getting tired and make a person a step slow or not jumping quite as high. Overall I do agree with you though. When I coached even on youth and Jr. high levels all I demanded out of kids was to give 110% the entire time in practice AND games. I can handle mistakes, they could be corrected but I would not tolerate no hustle / lack of effort or whatever someone wants to call it.

Desire and intensity carry alot that is for sure. You are 100% correct when you said that is the way the game is supposed to be played. I do believe however that "legs" can go, meaning getting tired and make a person a step slow or not jumping quite as high. Overall I do agree with you though. When I coached even on youth and Jr. high levels all I demanded out of kids was to give 110% the entire time in practice AND games. I can handle mistakes, they could be corrected but I would not tolerate no hustle / lack of effort or whatever someone wants to call it.

That's why I love Morehead State this season. I swear I would rather go to Johnson Arena and watch MSU play as to drive to Lexington and watch UK. Don't get me wrong - I love the Cats, but MSU is playing the game the way it should be played this season. If anyone on here hasn't seen an MSU game this season, I encourage you to come out tomorrow night and Saturday and check them out. A very exciting brand of basketball. They give 110% or they sit on the bench - where I noticed everyone on the bench giving 110% while cheering - actually doing cheers with the cheerleaders.

I heard Donnie Tyndall on the radio tonight. He said, "I'm not the best coach in Division 1 basketball. I know that. We're not the most talented team in Division 1 basketball, the team knows that. We can't control those things. What we do have power over is playing harder and giving more effort than anyone else in Division 1 basketball. "

That's 110%.

That's 100%.......... Anything bigger is impossible. Anyway, I'm the only 240 pound person you'll ever come across that will dive in a 3 on 3 half court pick up game. I will foul hard to stop easy points and I will constantly block out bigger guys so they can't get a rebound. Honestly I understand that guys get tired, but for years guys have been staying on the floor playing hard. I will tired about 5 minutes in and fight through it and after that I can play for hours.

That's 100%.......... Anything bigger is impossible. Anyway, I'm the only 240 pound person you'll ever come across that will dive in a 3 on 3 half court pick up game. I will foul hard to stop easy points and I will constantly block out bigger guys so they can't get a rebound. Honestly I understand that guys get tired, but for years guys have been staying on the floor playing hard. I will tired about 5 minutes in and fight through it and after that I can play for hours.

There's a fine line between giving 110% and being crazy, LOL.

UK will finish this season 23-7, make it to the final day of the SEC tourney and get a 3 or 4 seed.

My prediction for this season.

I agree with this. They will get no worse than a 5 seed. I can't see them losing more than 7-8 games. They have quite a few winnable games on the schedule for the next few weeks. IU and UL are down. If they cant win those games they may lose 10 or more.

There's a fine line between giving 110% and being crazy, LOL.

I can't help it. If the game is half way competitive I play all out. Granted if the compition is weak or if everyone is playing half heartedly I do as well, but if it's competitive I'm all over the place.