Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

9th Region update

Featured Replies

What is everyone’s thoughts on updated top 10 in the 9th now that we are one month in? I will take a stab at it.

 

1. Dixie

2. Ryle

3. Conner

4. NDA

5. Highlands

6. NCC

7. Ludlow

8. Cooper

9. Boone

10. St. Henry

 

Will say I feel last year Conner and Ryle were in a class of their own. This year there is no team like either of those teams but having top two teams in the state come from same region and district is crazy to think. I will say there is a big drop off after the top 4. Any of those 4 teams can win the region. Dixie made a great run late last year but Ryle just had too much fire power. Ryle has best player on court in Scherr and 2nd best in Crittenden. Big question is can the coaching staff get the supporting cast to improve enough to make it 3 years in a row. Conner has beat some goods teams this year. Dixie is deep and Lawson is working back. NDA will guard you. If you play their style they will win. Coach Murphy has won it all already and will have his team ready to go. Can they win a game that is out of the 40s though is my question? Some big matchups coming up and hope to catch a few of them.

  • Replies 40
  • Views 13.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • I applaud all of those willing to take on the task of coaching, especially at the high school girls level. You can have all of the talent you want but if a coach and her staff cannot get them to play

  • HasBeenCoach
    HasBeenCoach

    Love this post. What makes a great coach great? Quite frankly it’s optics.   Here is a great question.... Aaron Stamm has Conner ranked #1 in the state last year. Will he ever get Ludlow there? No

Posted Images

Good stuff. Been a fun first month of play. Ryle is beginning to look like the team I expected them to be and Dixie is playing good ball. Conner shows signs of being a real contender. After those 3 teams, it is a tremendous drop in my opinion. If I am ranking on results thus far then I go Dixie, Conner, Ryle. If I am ranking based on who I think is best, then see Ryle still as the best team.

  • Author

I would agree with that. Conner beat Ryle and Scherr played only about half the game from what I understand. When they get to the end, they are still the team to beat I believe also.

Ryle still has the highest ceiling, but I agree -- Connor and Dixie have looked far better than I anticipated, especially without Reinhart and without a 100% Lawson. When Lawson gets back to 100% cardio, Dixie could be a real tough out.

 

On a really really Dark Horse level... I don't think it'll be this year, but I don't think Boone County is as far back in the pack as some might think. I don't see them as a contender this year, but I think they're continuing to make strides and with only one Senior this year... they could be primed for a big 2020/21 season.

 

I think if everyone is healthy at the end of the year, the region ends the same as last year: Ryle over Dixie. But health could play a big factor over the next 8 weeks or so...

Ryle will only get better, Dixie is a top contender. I’m interested in the Conner/NDA game mid January. These 4 teams are at the top of the 9th.

With the Ninth Region regular season schedule pretty much wrapped up, Ryle emerges as clear number 1, with Holtman emerging as their leading scorer. Highlands is a clear number 2, the only team that can play within single digits of Ryle. Next is Notre Dame who will grind out a win in the 30s or 40s against everyone else, followed by Dixie and Conner. The District winners will be Ryle, Dixie, Notre Dame and Highlands, with Conner, St. Henry, Holy Cross and Newport Catholic as district runners up. Conner has a chance of pulling off a first round win in the regional, but there is a strong likelihood that the region's final four are Ryle, Dixie, Notre Dame and Highlands. From there it all depends on the draw.

With the Ninth Region regular season schedule pretty much wrapped up, Ryle emerges as clear number 1, with Holtman emerging as their leading scorer. Highlands is a clear number 2, the only team that can play within single digits of Ryle. Next is Notre Dame who will grind out a win in the 30s or 40s against everyone else, followed by Dixie and Conner. The District winners will be Ryle, Dixie, Notre Dame and Highlands, with Conner, St. Henry, Holy Cross and Newport Catholic as district runners up. Conner has a chance of pulling off a first round win in the regional, but there is a strong likelihood that the region's final four are Ryle, Dixie, Notre Dame and Highlands. From there it all depends on the draw.

 

Hmmm a little quick to throw St. Henry in there as a district runner up isn’t it? Ludlow was the district runner up last year, and Ludlow and St. Henry have split this year in their two games. So seems to me that game could go either way.

  • Author

I agree with most of this but think it is still girls basketball and many things can happen. Ryle is clear cut number one. I think most nights they are double digits better than highlands also. Senior night always does weird things to teams.

 

Dixie is struggling. According to KHSAA feed they lost to Boone last night. Great win for Boone but worse loss for Dixie. Dixie does get one seed though so they have to beat Villa or Lloyd to make it to the region. I think Ludlow makes it two years in a row though knocking off St Henry to make it to region.

 

Holy cross is playing some good ball right now and think they could grind one out against NDA especially the way NDA plays. Low scoring will keep games close and a good, late scoring run from HC could get them a win.

 

Region is definitely Ryles to lose though. I heard Maddie Scherr still plays there and she is pretty good.

Abby Holtman isn’t Ryle’s leading scorer. Crittenden and Scheer is ahead of her.

 

Highlands isn’t the “clear” #2. It doesn’t matter how close they played Ryle. Highlands still took the lost. Remember Conner beat Ryle this year. Ryle is a much better team now vs. the earlier in the season. Ryle are the defending state champs and any team in the 9th will have to go through them!

I agree with most of this but think it is still girls basketball and many things can happen. Ryle is clear cut number one. I think most nights they are double digits better than highlands also. Senior night always does weird things to teams.

 

Dixie is struggling. According to KHSAA feed they lost to Boone last night. Great win for Boone but worse loss for Dixie. Dixie does get one seed though so they have to beat Villa or Lloyd to make it to the region. I think Ludlow makes it two years in a row though knocking off St Henry to make it to region.

 

Holy cross is playing some good ball right now and think they could grind one out against NDA especially the way NDA plays. Low scoring will keep games close and a good, late scoring run from HC could get them a win.

 

Region is definitely Ryles to lose though. I heard Maddie Scherr still plays there and she is pretty good.

 

Hasbeencoach, you have me cracking up. All season long

 

“I can’t wait to see what NDA does against Conner.” Conner loses to NDA by 16 points.

 

“I can’t wait to see what NDA does against Dixie.” Dixie loses to NDA.

 

Keep wishing, but HC isn’t beating NDA!

St. Henry/Ludlow point taken. Any possibility Lloyd competes as well? Really like Jayla Labordeaux, didn’t know what the results of those matchups have been this year.

 

Conner beat Ryle early this year, I think by a lot. Any details on that game? Scherr play the whole game?

 

Highlands beat Dixie. Highlands beat Notre Dame. Highlands beat Conner. Highlands lost by 7 to Ryle, but it was a competitive, 1 possession game until late in 3rd quarter, and even then it was not out of reach until the final minute. Ryle has beaten Notre Dame and Dixie by 25+ the last couple of weeks. Holtman has been Ryles leading scorer OF LATE. Looking at those results and the way Ryle has been playing, what team has demonstrated a realistic chance at knocking off Ryle? Anything can happen, and Ryle is undoubtedly the top dog, but Highlands has proven itself against everyone in the Ninth, and everyone that had the Bluebirds a distant fifth just six weeks ago was clearly off the mark.

  • Author
Hasbeencoach, you have me cracking up. All season long

 

“I can’t wait to see what NDA does against Conner.” Conner loses to NDA by 16 points.

 

“I can’t wait to see what NDA does against Dixie.” Dixie loses to NDA.

 

Keep wishing, but HC isn’t beating NDA!

 

Glad I could be of service to you!

 

Do I think HC will beat them? No! That is a very quick and emphatic no also. But girls b-ball is girls b-ball and crazy things happen. But the style that NDA plays they focus on defense first, and grind out wins. Low scoring does provide opportunities for teams to hang around right?

  • Author
St. Henry/Ludlow point taken. Any possibility Lloyd competes as well? Really like Jayla Labordeaux, didn’t know what the results of those matchups have been this year.

 

Conner beat Ryle early this year, I think by a lot. Any details on that game? Scherr play the whole game?

 

Highlands beat Dixie. Highlands beat Notre Dame. Highlands beat Conner. Highlands lost by 7 to Ryle, but it was a competitive, 1 possession game until late in 3rd quarter, and even then it was not out of reach until the final minute. Ryle has beaten Notre Dame and Dixie by 25+ the last couple of weeks. Holtman has been Ryles leading scorer OF LATE. Looking at those results and the way Ryle has been playing, what team has demonstrated a realistic chance at knocking off Ryle? Anything can happen, and Ryle is undoubtedly the top dog, but Highlands has proven itself against everyone in the Ninth, and everyone that had the Bluebirds a distant fifth just six weeks ago was clearly off the mark.

 

LaBordeaux is a great player. She will be really good against Dixie if Lawson doesn’t play. With that being said Dixies strength is their guards and not sure Lloyd’s guards can hang with them. I foresee many turnovers that turn into run out layups.

St. Henry/Ludlow point taken. Any possibility Lloyd competes as well? Really like Jayla Labordeaux, didn’t know what the results of those matchups have been this year.

 

Conner beat Ryle early this year, I think by a lot. Any details on that game? Scherr play the whole game?

 

Highlands beat Dixie. Highlands beat Notre Dame. Highlands beat Conner. Highlands lost by 7 to Ryle, but it was a competitive, 1 possession game until late in 3rd quarter, and even then it was not out of reach until the final minute. Ryle has beaten Notre Dame and Dixie by 25+ the last couple of weeks. Holtman has been Ryles leading scorer OF LATE. Looking at those results and the way Ryle has been playing, what team has demonstrated a realistic chance at knocking off Ryle? Anything can happen, and Ryle is undoubtedly the top dog, but Highlands has proven itself against everyone in the Ninth, and everyone that had the Bluebirds a distant fifth just six weeks ago was clearly off the mark.

 

 

Conner beat Ryle by 1 in OT.

That was Maddie’s first game back from injury I think.

Played most of the game but wasn’t 100%

St. Henry/Ludlow point taken. Any possibility Lloyd competes as well? Really like Jayla Labordeaux, didn’t know what the results of those matchups have been this year.

 

Conner beat Ryle early this year, I think by a lot. Any details on that game? Scherr play the whole game?

 

Highlands beat Dixie. Highlands beat Notre Dame. Highlands beat Conner. Highlands lost by 7 to Ryle, but it was a competitive, 1 possession game until late in 3rd quarter, and even then it was not out of reach until the final minute. Ryle has beaten Notre Dame and Dixie by 25+ the last couple of weeks. Holtman has been Ryles leading scorer OF LATE. Looking at those results and the way Ryle has been playing, what team has demonstrated a realistic chance at knocking off Ryle? Anything can happen, and Ryle is undoubtedly the top dog, but Highlands has proven itself against everyone in the Ninth, and everyone that had the Bluebirds a distant fifth just six weeks ago was clearly off the mark.

 

Conner hasn’t beaten ryle by more than 10 points since 2008. Yes I had to even look that one up. They beat Ryle by 1 point in OT when Maddie may have played half the game on a bad ankle sprain.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.