Mr. Football Watchlist: Now that the dust has settled, where do we stand?

DevilMayCare

Interesting.

Well there is some recent precedent for a junior to be included in voting. In the 2015 AP Mr. Football voting, junior quarterback Riley Hall from Pulaski County was among the finalists.

I think with everything else along with this award it confirms what we already suspect.....

NOONE HAS A CLUE WHAT THE CRITERIA OR QUALIFICATIONS TO WIN THIS THING REALLY ARE.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting.

Well there is some recent precedent for a junior to be included in voting. In the 2015 AP Mr. Football voting, junior quarterback Riley Hall from Pulaski County was among the finalists.

If you can add juniors in then Bradeon Sloan needs to be mentioned. Kid had a video game numbers kind of year.

I think the only thing keeping Mayer from being unanimous is the fact that he is not going to UK. Seems to be a theme that if you are committed to UK and up for this award, it gives you a slight edge.

As of today, there have been 33 players who have won the Mr. Football award in Kentucky. Over a third of them have been committed to play college at Kentucky.

12 - Kentucky (Includes Wan'dale Robinson, who switched to Nebraska after winning.)

5 - Louisville

2 - Western Kentucky

1 - Cumberland

I think the only thing keeping Mayer from being unanimous is the fact that he is not going to UK. Seems to be a theme that if you are committed to UK and up for this award, it gives you a slight edge.

I love Beau Allen and think he will be a very good QB down the road.

With that said, if he wins this award over either Mayer or Smith then it will be because of the UK Commitment and the fact he is a QB and people feel more comfortably evaluating a QB.

Allen's resume for Mr. Football should have taken a hit while Smith and Mayer's stayed firm. It really should not be anyone else besides those two that wins this award at this point.

I love Beau Allen and think he will be a very good QB down the road.

With that said, if he wins this award over either Mayer or Smith then it will be because of the UK Commitment and the fact he is a QB and people feel more comfortably evaluating a QB.

Allen's resume for Mr. Football should have taken a hit while Smith and Mayer's stayed firm. It really should not be anyone else besides those two that wins this award at this point.

15 of the 33 winners of the Mr. Football award have been quarterbacks.

Sheron is a Junior.

Interesting.

There was a multi-year window where juniors were eligible for the AP Mr. Football a few years back. That window has since closed and the AP award is once again seniors only. But that's the AP, not the KFCA. The KFCA can set their own separate guidelines for Mr. Football eligibility.

As of today, there have been 33 players who have won the Mr. Football award in Kentucky. Over a third of them have been committed to play college at Kentucky.

12 - Kentucky (Includes Wan'dale Robinson, who switched to Nebraska after winning.)

5 - Louisville

2 - Western Kentucky

1 - Cumberland

I know the first Mr. Football, Frank Jacobs, went to Notre Dame. Has there been another Mr. Football that headed to South Bend (until hopefully this year)?

All season long as I was looking at stats and games, I had them like this:

1. Hayes - McCracken (best athlete and playmaker I saw all season)

2. Allen - LexCath

3. Hightower - Madisonville

After going through the playoffs and watching the championship games and seeing the value of all players, I have to go Mayer at CC. He just dominated a GREAT team in FD, although it was close, he was the difference both sides of the ball.

So I have to give it to Mayer.

1. Mayer

2. Hayes

3. Allen