Highlands coach upset with people hiding behind a computer, sending anonymous emails

colonel-fan

Why do you think anything you have to say about the football team should carry ANY weight?

Along those lines.....

one night at Mason County, we have the ball and it is 4th and one. We have no track so the bleachers are right there next to the field. One of our fans walks along the rail, and gets close enough so both teams on the field will hear him, and yells "Run a quarterback sneak!"

I call timeout. We had called quarterback sneak. Now, we will need to call a different play.

And the fan.... that was my father-in-law. :)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have always thought Coach Weinrich gets caught up way too much in outside distractions like this.

It tells me a couple of things: those "anonymous emails" get traction with the Highlands powers that be and/or Coach Weinrich needs to grow some thicker skin and shut those type of distractions out.

It shows you how much things have spiraled out of control at HHS.

Not what I said at all...Really? My son plays on a football team. If I had to criticize my son’s coach I would which I will never have to. Comes with the territory is my SOLE point.

No he has not, and Coach Eviston is one of my best friends. You have WAY too much time on your hands.

I mean, it’s kind of what you said. If I misinterpreted “when my son tells me to stop I will,” then I apologize.

I totally agree: when my SON tells me to stop posting I will stop. It comes with the territory coach.

That is the problem it shouldn't come with the territory. However in the social media world we live in today and internet. People feel like it gives them the power to say whatever they want. Hence why more and more people don't coach anymore. People seem to forget these coaches people like to say are idiots, don't know what they are doing, etc. Also have family, they also have family who have to read that about their dads. They have family in the stands who have to hear people who think they have the right to tell high school coaches they are horrible, acting like they are getting paid millions like professional coaches. People behind the key board think they have the right to criticize and say whatever they want without any fear of anything happening to them. That they can attack coaches who also work 8 to 10 hour days at their normal jobs, before spending another 3 hours on the practice field, then film at home, while trying to find anytime to spend if any at all with their own family. But yeah your right people think that should come with the territory and that line of thinking is the problem with things today and why many do stop coaching.

The worst part of it is people behind the keyboard in some sick way think they are helping by saying things like that. Usually those criticisms hurt a program and divide a program more than helps because the players also read it. So if it makes them also doubt their coaches when daddy is saying how bad a coach is. How can you expect a kid to truly sell out and buy end. You can't, but yet people think it is their right to say things like it will help and coaches should just deal with it because as you say it comes with the territory.

Public criticism goes with coaching HS football. Absolutely. But, if a coach chooses to address it the way Coach Weinrich did, he has the right to do so.

And, he didn't say he was upset with the anonymous emailers & those that make excuses. He just described how he believed real men respond to adversity. AND, he was bragging on his players for being real men.... outstanding!

To me, he contrasted how those "in the arena" respond to adversity versus those who are not..... and did it pretty well!

Agreed.

Good for Coach Weinrich. Nothing wrong with him taking a shot at the keyboard criticism. Guy gets way more heat than he should. I can’t imagine having to deal with that. He does a great job.

I mean, it’s kind of what you said. If I misinterpreted “when my son tells me to stop I will,” then I apologize.

Go away? :lol2:

It’s all good-I am a CCH guy who never goes after our coach. I noticed you were recently critical of of Highlands fans being critical of their coach. If you want to discuss further PM me.

That is the problem it shouldn't come with the territory. However in the social media world we live in today and internet. People feel like it gives them the power to say whatever they want. Hence why more and more people don't coach anymore. People seem to forget these coaches people like to say are idiots, don't know what they are doing, etc. Also have family, they also have family who have to read that about their dads. They have family in the stands who have to hear people who think they have the right to tell high school coaches they are horrible, acting like they are getting paid millions like professional coaches. People behind the key board think they have the right to criticize and say whatever they want without any fear of anything happening to them. That they can attack coaches who also work 8 to 10 hour days at their normal jobs, before spending another 3 hours on the practice field, then film at home, while trying to find anytime to spend if any at all with their own family. But yeah your right people think that should come with the territory and that line of thinking is the problem with things today and why many do stop coaching.

The worst part of it is people behind the keyboard in some sick way think they are helping by saying things like that. Usually those criticisms hurt a program and divide a program more than helps because the players also read it. So if it makes them also doubt their coaches when daddy is saying how bad a coach is. How can you expect a kid to truly sell out and buy end. You can't, but yet people think it is their right to say things like it will help and coaches should just deal with it because as you say it comes with the territory.

This is 2019...I quit coaching a few years ago to spend time with my large family, but this played a part.

Amen! Perfectly said

BTW-you nailed it.