Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kansas: NCAA Violations

Featured Replies

The NCAA is about to issue a notice of allegations to the Kansas men’s basketball program that will detail what is thought to be multiple major violations.

  • Replies 32
  • Views 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • My brother in laws both live in Louisville, and are fans. I always said the worst thing UL could've done was tell on themselves and take what was given. UNC gave everyone the blueprint on how to be su

  • Deuce does make a great point, Adidas is centered around a lot of this and it’s not just centered around football. It’s even worse with football recruits on the west coast.

  • Nike invested in the schools more than the players. I’m not going to turn a blind eye and act like Nike isn’t doing stuff as well, but Nike became Nike because they tried and have largely succeeded in

  • Author

This stems from what was uncovered during the FBI investigation, at least that's what I assume.

It’s about time!

Does anyone think Kansas will use the U.L. get out in front model, rather than the outspend the NCAA model used by North Carolina?

  • Author

Several Level 1 charges and a Coaching Responsibility Charge against Self.

 

This does look good for Coach Self...

 

Evidence tied to the case included Gassnola and Self talking openly in text messages about Adidas helping Kansas recruit players. “I’m happy with Adidas,” Self wrote Gassnola. “Just got to get a couple real guys.”

 

Later, Gassnola texted about keeping Self and Kansas happy with lottery picks. Self responded: “That’s how (it) works. At UNC and Duke.”

Slap on the wrist. Self stays and KU marches on. The NCAA way.

Oh look, another adidas school.

Oh look, another adidas school.

Serious question, would you like to see UofL move away from Adidas and sign a deal with UA or Nike?

Deuce does make a great point, Adidas is centered around a lot of this and it’s not just centered around football. It’s even worse with football recruits on the west coast.

Serious question, would you like to see UofL move away from Adidas and sign a deal with UA or Nike?

 

They are all dirty. My adidas comment was tongue in cheek. So far only adidas schools have been hammered, we'll see if that trend continues.

 

I think moving from one to another doesn't benefit anyone, but if Nike continues to skate, I'd say why not move if they are untouchable. It just goes to show you that, IMO, Nike is king.

I absolutely love this.

 

Not because it’s Kansas, but because the NCAA going after one of the few schools that has the money and the desire to fight them.

 

UNC showed the world how to fight the NCAA, UL gave us an example of how not to.

 

I’d love to see this one make it to court. I’d love to see the NCAA have to answer for their selective enforcement of their rules.

 

I hope Kansas is able to bring down all the big programs with them. Duke, Arizona, UL, Oregon, all of them, including UK.

 

In a perfect world, Adidas, Nike and Under Armour schools all get put on notice.

 

Kids are getting paid, and I’m fine with that, but let’s be transparent about it.

 

Let’s blow the whole thing up and start over...

They are all dirty. My adidas comment was tongue in cheek. So far only adidas schools have been hammered, we'll see if that trend continues.

 

I think moving from one to another doesn't benefit anyone, but if Nike continues to skate, I'd say why not move if they are untouchable. It just goes to show you that, IMO, Nike is king.

Nike is king without a doubt. Nike may do some “dirty” stuff by the letter of the law from the NCAA but not anywhere near the level of Adidas imo. Adidas and UA are chasing Nike. Nike/Jordan outfit well over 60+% of college programs. Nike doesn’t really have to do anything to funnel kids into their programs, because why would it matter to Nike whether the kid goes to UK, Duke, UNC, etc. Adidas has Kansas and UofL. Under Armour doesn’t even really have a college basketball power besides UCLA. If Adidas and UA want the best kids in the country to be wearing their stuff it only makes sense that they would go out of their way to make their schools more appealing.

I absolutely love this.

 

Not because it’s Kansas, but because the NCAA going after one of the few schools that has the money and the desire to fight them.

 

UNC showed the world how to fight the NCAA, UL gave us an example of how not to.

 

I’d love to see this one make it to court. I’d love to see the NCAA have to answer for their selective enforcement of their rules.

 

I hope Kansas is able to bring down all the big programs with them. Duke, Arizona, UL, Oregon, all of them, including UK.

 

In a perfect world, Adidas, Nike and Under Armour schools all get put on notice.

 

Kids are getting paid, and I’m fine with that, but let’s be transparent about it.

 

Let’s blow the whole thing up and start over...

 

With the passage of time, the UofL and UNC cases appear substantially different to me and I understand why each school took the path it did.

 

Now, I think UofL did a silly thing giving away a postseason appearance it didn't have to, but I get it.

 

The NCAA had UofL square in the crosshairs on the Katina Powell stuff and no amount of obstruction was going to save it. Third party witnesses, transaction records, and a salacious public story made the whole thing pretty easy. The UNC case was trickier and they knew it. There was no way for the NCAA to make the case without serious help from inside the university and they weren't going to get it.

 

I'm not trying to rehash either of those cases, but I just don't think the UNC case is illustrative of how the NCAA dealt with UofL on the Powell matter. To say nothing of how it STILL MAY YET deal with UofL on the Adidas scandal.

 

The KU case is similar to UofL for me... they don't need anyone inside the university to come forward and start spilling the beans on the athletic department. They've got everything they need.

 

I think KU is losing their 2018 Final Four appearance and who knows what else.

Nike may do some “dirty” stuff by the letter of the law from the NCAA but not anywhere near the level of Adidas imo.

 

This is where I disagree. Of course they are doing it to the same level, if not more than Adidas. In terms of kids wanting to play on Nike teams, how do you think Nike came to be Nike? Kids just decided "They seem like the best, we'll just go play there"? No, Nike is paying the most money to get the elite kids. They are just much better at covering their tracks, probably because they've been doing it much, much longer.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.