UC'S New Head Coach????

katbird

Cincinnati.Com

Did you see his veiled shot at UC fans / supporters today GT? In reality, he's spot on...you can sense there was frustration there all along.

He is dead on. The same people that call themselves fan, but don't go to games, are ripping him apart today. UC football is a tough situation right now, and that's why I like a big name hire like Rex Ryan...

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard Bill Cunningham mentioning Kerry Coombs today. While I will assume he's just being himself, would UC ever approach him? The high school coach to D1 coordinator worked for Arkansas. Could it work at UC?

What has he done to deserve it? A case could be made that he has had the best talent in Cincy over the last decade with only one title to show for it. No thanks...

What has he done to deserve it? A case could be made that he has had the best talent in Cincy over the last decade with only one title to show for it. No thanks...

GT, rarely do I read a post of yours and roll my eyes...this was one time. Say Kerry is a ego-maniacal lunatic...okay. Say he's fanatical in his cult-dom that is the 'Rain...I'll go with that. To say he's under-achieved with Colerain in football...that is lunacy. Best talent in Cincy? Wow.

I think Kerry would be a HUGE reach for a Big East job (read: Gerry Faust), but to say he's an under-achiever...that is just miles from correct.

What would Combs do? Run the double wing motion triple option in the Big East? Maybe run a slant fifty every play on defense. Give me a break. He has never demostrated the ability to adjust that the college level demands.:thumb:

GT, rarely do I read a post of yours and roll my eyes...this was one time. Say Kerry is a ego-maniacal lunatic...okay. Say he's fanatical in his cult-dom that is the 'Rain...I'll go with that. To say he's under-achieved with Colerain in football...that is lunacy. Best talent in Cincy? Wow.

I think Kerry would be a HUGE reach for a Big East job (read: Gerry Faust), but to say he's an under-achiever...that is just miles from correct.

He's not an under-achiever at the HS level. But there is no way what I've seen from him equates to a HC job at a BCS school. Not even close...

He's not an under-achiever at the HS level. But there is no way what I've seen from him equates to a HC job at a BCS school. Not even close...

Okay, that I agree with....but that isn't what you said. I think he'd be a monstous (nearly comical) reach. However, your post clearly paints him as a H.S. under-achiever.

Okay, that I agree with....but that isn't what you said. I think he'd be a monstous (nearly comical) reach. However, your post clearly paints him as a H.S. under-achiever.

He's been at worst on the same level as Elder and St X over the past 10 years, and he has what, two playoff wins over them to show for it? He's been a GREAT HS coach, but I believe he should have more to show for it at this stage. This is the same guy that said he deserved the job over Coach D three years ago... :lol:

He's been at worst on the same level as Elder and St X over the past 10 years, and he has what, two playoff wins over them to show for it? He's been a GREAT HS coach, but I believe he should have more to show for it at this stage. This is the same guy that said he deserved the job over Coach D three years ago... :lol:

Again...I can't stand Kerry Coombs, and I think he'd be a 100% reach for any D-1 College...I was just saying you can't call him a H.S. under-achiever.

Proven recruiter.......you just said so yourself!!!!

Reminds me of a story Ken Sheilds tells about himself.......After he basically was a .500 coach at NKU after a few years he says people kept asking him how he could be such a good recruiter at Highlands and such a bad one at NKU.;)

Proven recruiter.......you just said so yourself!!!!

Reminds me of a story Ken Sheilds tells about himself.......After he basically was a .500 coach at NKU after a few years he says people kept asking him how he could be such a good recruiter at Highlands and such a bad one at NKU.;)

Now thats funny. A recruiter at Highlands. :lol:

UC was essentially lower than a MAC school before last year, and they matched the MSU offer this morning. Count on the next coach to be paid at a BCS level. No clue where you keep hearing the Toledo coach. I've heard his name in passing, but not as a real option at this point...

I don't believe for one second that UC matched the offer. Actually Richard Skinner was talking about that this morning on the radio, and I agree with him.

I think that was more of a caveat created by both parties. Thomas knew that there was nothing he was going to be able to do to keep Dantonio from going home.

I doubt UC could have found the money to match the offer in a short period of time.

Historically, they haven't paid their coaches.

I think it was a deal struck between both parties to say they did.

Why?

Dantonio feels some allegiance to the kids at UC and to UC for giving him the opportunity to be a head coach. The kids deserve a good deal as well.

This is a show from the administration to the players and all involved that UC is being serious about football, particularly to those kids in the program and the potential recruits.