Raptors 114 Warriors 110 (NBA Championship)

Respectfully I disagree. I think Kawhi, more than any medical staff knows his body. As he stated last night; why would I just stop playing basketball when I love it. Nobody will shed one tear for KD the millionaire, now his entire career is in jeopardy. if Kawhi would have came back early and re-injured his quad; no one would have cared one bit about him either. Apparently there was still lingering concerns from the Toronto medical staff as they kept him from playing back to backs in the early part of the season.

Toronto kept him from playing because they need him healthy for a trade. There are more risks involved with back-to-backs, so it makes sense. They knew what they were getting in to when they signed him.

Again, it was pretty well known Kawhi was healthy. The discord caused by it all and his uncle pulling the strings to get him out of there led to him landing in Toronto.

It is an apples/oranges comparison with KD, in my opinion. Leonard felt burned by not getting max money a few years earlier and not feeling the organization was fully behind him.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Toronto kept him from playing because they need him healthy for a trade. There are more risks involved with back-to-backs, so it makes sense. They knew what they were getting in to when they signed him.

Again, it was pretty well known Kawhi was healthy. The discord caused by it all and his uncle pulling the strings to get him out of there led to him landing in Toronto.

It is an apples/oranges comparison with KD, in my opinion. Leonard felt burned by not getting max money a few years earlier and not feeling the organization was fully behind him.

I think you are seeing this from a San Antonio perspective. Who better to know his body than Kawhi himself. San Antonio and Pop aren't perfect. They make mistakes and they made one with Kawhi. They should have never questioned his desire to play. As Kawhi stated; it caused trust issues. You keep speaking from the teams perspective; I'm stating things that Kawhi himself has stated. I just think the player himself would know best when it's time to return from injury.

I think you are seeing this from a San Antonio perspective. Who better to know his body than Kawhi himself. San Antonio and Pop aren't perfect. They make mistakes and they made one with Kawhi. They should have never questioned his desire to play. As Kawhi stated; it caused trust issues. You keep speaking from the teams perspective; I'm stating things that Kawhi himself has stated. I just think the player himself would know best when it's time to return from injury.

One of two things were true in that situation: 1. It was more than a thigh bruise. 2.) He was healthy and didn't want to play.

As I said in my initial post, I am a Spurs' fan. The whole thing was a disaster.

Moving on, it is amazing how differently (better) Kyle Lowery played in Oracle compared to Toronto. I thought the dude was going to drop 70 mid-way through the first quarter :lol2:

As I said in my initial post, I am a Spurs' fan. The whole thing was a disaster.

Moving on, it is amazing how differently (better) Kyle Lowery played in Oracle compared to Toronto. I thought the dude was going to drop 70 mid-way through the first quarter :lol2:

I think he just chokes at home. Maybe too much pressure on him in Toronto. But I agree; he played very well in Oracle.

Per Mike Lynch, via Basketball Reference:

Only 9 players have taken 9+ potential go ahead FGA in the final 24 seconds of the 4th Qtr/OT of playoff games since 2001. Stephen Curry is the only of those 9 with no makes.

LeBron is 9/21

Kobe is 4/15

KD is 4/13

Manu is 4/12

Pierce is 4/12

Chauncey is 3/9

Timmy is 2/9

Harden is 1/9

Steph is 0/9

Russ has the next most attempts without a make with 7.

No clutch gene.

Only 9 players have taken 9+ potential go ahead FGA in the final 24 seconds of the 4th Qtr/OT of playoff games since 2001. Stephen Curry is the only of those 9 with no makes.

LeBron is 9/21

Kobe is 4/15

KD is 4/13

Manu is 4/12

Pierce is 4/12

Chauncey is 3/9

Timmy is 2/9

Harden is 1/9

Steph is 0/9

No clutch gene.

No clutch gene? As of May 19 Curry had made 81 straight FT in the 4th quarter and overtime of playoffs games. He has now hit 97 of 98.

Edited by Mack The Knife

LeBron is 9/21

Kobe is 4/15

KD is 4/13

Manu is 4/12

Pierce is 4/12

Chauncey is 3/9

Timmy is 2/9

Harden is 1/9

Steph is 0/9

No clutch gene.

That's the stat I was referring to in post #14. I don't know that I would say no clutch gene but it's a pretty shocking stat for the greatest shooter in NBA history.

LeBron is 9/21

Kobe is 4/15

KD is 4/13

Manu is 4/12

Pierce is 4/12

Chauncey is 3/9

Timmy is 2/9

Harden is 1/9

Steph is 0/9

No clutch gene.

Where does Steph rank on that list in terms of rings?

Rings > Finals MVPs. It’s an overrated accomplishment.

Agreed, but wouldn’t you think a probably-going-to-be-considered-top-10-all-time player would be the most important guy on at least one championship team?

I mean, Pat McCaw has the same number of titles and FMVPs. Obviously it’s not the same, but what’s the difference in Steph and a role player at this point?