Raptors 114 Warriors 110 (NBA Championship)

Agreed, but wouldn’t you think a probably-going-to-be-considered-top-10-all-time player would be the most important guy on at least one championship team?

I mean, Pat McCaw has the same number of titles and FMVPs. Obviously it’s not the same, but what’s the difference in Steph and a role player at this point?

How do see Steph? It seems like you are discounting how good he is and his impact on the championships. Is he equal to, or better than, Iguodala and Chauncy Billups? Dwayne Wade? Scotty Pippen? Or is he a Kyle Lowry or Steve Kerr (the player) type piece of a champion?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do see Steph? It seems like you are discounting how good he is and his impact on the championships. Is he equal to, or better than, Iguodala and Chauncy Billups? Dwayne Wade? Scotty Pippen? Or is he a Kyle Lowry or Steve Kerr (the player) type piece of a champion?

Kerr works, except that he hit game winners in the playoffs.

For the record, I’ve discounted Steph since the offset of this Warriors dynasty. His MVPs came in seasons where the actual (non-LeBron) best player in the league, KD, was either injured or returning from injury, and for being a “revolutionary” he takes and makes bad shots the way Kobe tried to, only they’re 3s instead of long 2s.

Couple that with the fact that he’s overshadowed every June by either LeBron, Kyrie, Kawhi, Fred VanVleet, or someone on his own team and I begin to wonder if you don’t overestimate his value.

I mean, Pat McCaw has the same number of titles and FMVPs. Obviously it’s not the same, but what’s the difference in Steph and a role player at this point?

How many rings does GS have without Steph?

Name a single role player in the entire league with Steph’s impact on games.

How many rings does GS have without Steph?

Name a single role player in the entire league with Steph’s impact on games.

One before Steph was born, two more counting the Philadelphia Warriors days.

How many rings does Steph have without Klay and Draymond and KD?

Fred VanVleet and Pascal Siakam had larger impacts on the series. Siakam might not be a role player much longer, but this postseason was the Kawhi Leonard Show ft. Pascal and Fred.

One before Steph was born, two more counting the Philadelphia Warriors days.

How many rings does Steph have without Klay and Draymond and KD?

Fred VanVleet and Pascal Siakam had larger impacts on the series. Siakam might not be a role player much longer, but this postseason was the Kawhi Leonard Show ft. Pascal and Fred.

Nothing you have said equates to Steph being a role player... That’s asinine.

Agreed, but wouldn’t you think a probably-going-to-be-considered-top-10-all-time player would be the most important guy on at least one championship team?

I think he should have got it the first championship.

Just because a teammate may get hot in a 7 game series to end up winning the Finals MVP. Doesn't mean he wasn't the most important player on the team. Steph won the MVP for the season during their first title run with him. Steph was the first unanimous MVP in NBA history. Out of all the great NBA players of all time, none had won the MVP unanimously like Steph did. That doesn't sound just like a role player to me. Not to mention he did all this while playing in the Western Conference. He wasn't in the East which until this year was really weak. A Stephen Curry led Warriors team knocked out the Durant led Thunder, which led to Durant leaving the Thunder to join him.

Then shoot even this NBA finals showed Curry wasn't just a good role player. How many times have you seen an NBA team use a Box and 1 in the NBA to try to slow down a player like the Raptors did with Curry. You never see the Box and 1 in the NBA, and if you did it wouldn't be on a role player.