31 members have voted

1. 1. Most annoying bad habit of other drivers

• Failure to use turn signal
    • Slow left lane driving
    • Taking up more than one parking space
    • Brightlighters/Failure to use low beam lights
    • Using cell phone
    • Other

How about driving down the highway for miles and not realizing you left your turn signal on?

That used to be one of mine too...until I got older. Now I do it quite often and yell at myself. Sometimes it is hard to hear that thing clicking.

As someone who travels the cut in the hill in NKY, I would say my pet peeve is when trucks are going 20 mph in all lanes south bound despite adequate signs telling them to get in the right lane. Makes for a frustrating trip up the hill.

Second would be slow drivers in the left lane. I tend to be a bit aggressive when I drive and can’t stand seemingly clueless drivers moseying in the left lane.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't tail gate people, but most interstate traffic flows at 5 to 10 over the limit. If someone is hanging out it the left lane at 10 over, they are holding up traffic. Unless you are actively passing someone, there is no reason to cruise along at any speed and just hang out in the left lane.

I usually don't "hang out" in the extreme left lane. I'll get in that lane if I want to go a little faster or if I'm constantly on the brakes in the other lanes and that left lane is free and clear. I never hold up traffic. However, I've been in that lane a lot lately while traveling I-275 East here in NKY between I-75 and Crestview Hills to avoid the NUMEROUS craters. :eek:

Mine is while waiting to go through a red light with a lot of cars in front of me . The light will turn green and you can see at least a 4 car gap between each car. If everyone is paying attention ( like myself of course) it should look like one long continuous car.

What gets me is when you're on an Interstate and there is signage that the right lane is going to close, so merge left. The actual reason for the closure might be miles down the road. Nonetheless, traffic just inches along and most drivers have merged to the left lane(s) in anticipation of the closure. Invariably some yahoo will speed down the lane to be closed and try to worm his way in at the last minute without having to have suffered the delay that the responsible drivers have. Selfish. I have seen semi drivers straddle the traffic lane and the lane to be closed to prevent this.

That’s actually the way it’s supposed to be done. Not the way I do it either, but I believe I had it explained to me that the idea is to use as much of as many lanes as possible. Similar to merging onto the interstate. The long solid line at 181 being the chief example.

I voted for cell phone use. Probably the most dangerous as far as I’m concerned.

This is a solid list though and they all bother me. My “other” would be not accelerating to keep up with traffic while merging onto the interstate. One driver doing 55 in a 70 when they get to the right lane can cause a horrible backup or worse. Add to that the drivers who don’t move to the left to allow the merging traffic into the right lane.

Mine is while waiting to go through a red light with a lot of cars in front of me . The light will turn green and you can see at least a 4 car gap between each car. If everyone is paying attention ( like myself of course) it should look like one long continuous car.

In Chicago, if the light turns green and every car doesn't move right away the horns will start blaring. That line at the light can be 30 cars longs, and if car #30 doesn't get to move instantly when the light turns green, they will honk their horn to get people moving.