31 members have voted

1. 1. Most annoying bad habit of other drivers

• Failure to use turn signal
    • Slow left lane driving
    • Taking up more than one parking space
    • Brightlighters/Failure to use low beam lights
    • Using cell phone
    • Other

What gets me is when you're on an Interstate and there is signage that the right lane is going to close, so merge left. The actual reason for the closure might be miles down the road. Nonetheless, traffic just inches along and most drivers have merged to the left lane(s) in anticipation of the closure. Invariably some yahoo will speed down the lane to be closed and try to worm his way in at the last minute without having to have suffered the delay that the responsible drivers have. Selfish. I have seen semi drivers straddle the traffic lane and the lane to be closed to prevent this.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What gets me is when you're on an Interstate and there is signage that the right lane is going to close, so merge left. The actual reason for the closure might be miles down the road. Nonetheless, traffic just inches along and most drivers have merged to the left lane(s) in anticipation of the closure. Invariably some yahoo will speed down the lane to be closed and try to worm his way in at the last minute without having to have suffered the delay that the responsible drivers have. Selfish. I have seen semi drivers straddle the traffic lane and the lane to be closed to prevent this.

Okay fine. I'll stop.

Another interesting way this could go, how many of you are guilty of the things on the list?

If I'm in the fast lane, I'm usually going at least 10mph over the limit. When I encounter a person like you're describing, I will NEVER move out of their way. #Petty

If you are just doing 10 over in the left lane, you are holding up traffic...pull over to the right gramps!

Actually had the same thought after I posted it. Can't say I've never changed a song, radio station, etc. Also not a text and driver, but have been on the phone while driving, which counts.

Once saw a child hit by someone who was (and admitted to) texting and driving, and they blew through a stop sign to do it. I never want to be that guy.

A lot of cars now have buttons on steering wheel for radio so for me that wouldn't be a distraction. Also most cars have Bluetooth capability so don't know why folks don't pare their cell phones up with the system in the car to be hands free, unless it's just laziness.

Here's another one - people who speed up when you are passing them. You follow slow left lane guy at a respectful distance. He won't get into the right lane even though it is wide open. You then pull into the right lane and as you are passing slow left laner, he speeds up. Why?! I don't get it.

If you are just doing 10 over in the left lane, you are holding up traffic...pull over to the right gramps!

Not that you would ever do this JD so I'm not singling you out at all. If I'm in the left lane doing 10-15 over speed limit (usually 10) because I've gotten around another car and I see you are gaining on me, I'll certainly move over if I can. But if you race up on my tail like a NASCAR driver trying to draft, Hell will freeze over before I'll move.

There should be a citizens traffic enforcement set up to where you can "ding" someone's license plate number for bad driving. Once they get so many, they get a ticket mailed to them.

Holy Cow Deuce, that thing would be so busy you couldn't get through! :lol2: Or talk about distracted driving! :lol2:

Not that you would ever do this JD so I'm not singling you out at all. If I'm in the left lane doing 10-15 over speed limit (usually 10) because I've gotten around another car and I see you are gaining on me, I'll certainly move over if I can. But if you race up on my tail like a NASCAR driver trying to draft, Hell will freeze over before I'll move.

I don't tail gate people, but most interstate traffic flows at 5 to 10 over the limit. If someone is hanging out it the left lane at 10 over, they are holding up traffic. Unless you are actively passing someone, there is no reason to cruise along at any speed and just hang out in the left lane.

I drove up 27 to Lexington last week. For those not familiar US27 is probably 70% 4 lane from Somerset to Lexington. I counted at least 10 cars driving slow, swerving or erratic that if I was able to get around them...they were all looking at their phone.

Many more were talking on their phone, but it's people reading and texting that really tick me off.