Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Soriano to the CUBS!

Featured Replies

  • Author

Mark Cuban has said in the past he would be interested in buying the Cubs. Two different groups of investors -- one from Chicago and one from LA -- have shown interest as has the owner of the Chicago minor league hockey franchise who says he could finance the $600 million asking price without outside help.

 

The $64,000 question is, will the Tribune Co. sell the Cubs separately or as part of the entire corporate package that includes other media holdings.

  • Replies 58
  • Views 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mark Cuban has said in the past he would be interested in buying the Cubs. Two different groups of investors -- one from Chicago and one from LA -- have shown interest as has the owner of the Chicago minor league hockey franchise who says he could finance the $600 million asking price without outside help.

 

The $64,000 question is, will the Tribune Co. sell the Cubs separately or as part of the entire corporate package that includes other media holdings.

Gannett is one of those that are considered leaders among the bidders for the Tribune Co., and I am fairly sure that they would not be interested in hanging on to the Cubbies. Mark Cuban would make perfect sense.

Cubs could use Cuban as an owner. He would make a great fit.

Sign a 30 year old to an 8 year ridiculous contract? I am taking it this is the guaranteed amount as well, not even considering elevators in the contract. This could help in the immediate future, but could make for a mess down the road.

If they find someone, to protect Soriano in the lineup and with that elevated/upper-cut swing....they better put up higher nets, to protect Waveland Avenue.

 

I doubt that will be a problem with Lee and Ramirez........Not too mention Jones Barret. So in otherwords protection will not be an issue. If Soriano leads off, then he will have Mark De Rosa maybe batting second, and if the Cubs land Gary Matthews Jr. then he will be behind Soriano. Then with Lee third, Ramirez fourth, followed by either Jones or Barrett, so protection not an issue here.

I doubt that will be a problem with Lee and Ramirez........Not too mention Jones Barret. So in otherwords protection will not be an issue. If Soriano leads off, then he will have Mark De Rosa maybe batting second, and if the Cubs land Gary Matthews Jr. then he will be behind Soriano. Then with Lee third, Ramirez fourth, followed by either Jones or Barrett, so protection not an issue here.
I think Soriano, may hit 3rd in that lineup and not in the leadoff spot but I may be wrong.

 

If I'm a MLB pitcher, not much fear in Ramierz to me or Jones.

I think the Cubs aren't even sure in where to bat Soriano. He was a very productive leadoff hitter but he is also a very productive hitter anywhere in the lineup. The Cubs, not having Pierre anymore, may try Soriano at that spot since he is always putting the ball into play. That's just my two cents though!

From what I heard, he will play CF

:lol: :lol: :lol:

 

I love the Cubs...

  • Author

Soriano

DeRosa

Lee

Ramirez

Jones

Barrett

Murton

Izturis

I think Soriano, may hit 3rd in that lineup and not in the leadoff spot but I may be wrong.

 

If I'm a MLB pitcher, not much fear in Ramierz to me or Jones.

 

 

There is however in Lee, Ramirez, and Jones, and this is how it would look being Soriano bats third.

All i know is I'm one happy Cubs fan right now!!!:dancingpa

  • Author
All i know is I'm one happy Cubs fan right now!!!:dancingpa
Like usual, the feeling ends come August :lol:
There is however in Lee, Ramirez, and Jones, and this is how it would look being Soriano bats third.
That can be a potent lineup, especially at Wrigley....:thumb:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.