Soriano to the CUBS!

The Scribe

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep.:thumb:

I am a Cubs fan, have been my whole life so even though I'm excited about the upcoming season, I'm not going to get too excited.:D

I agree, there is reason for excitement in Chicago and rightfully so, you are looking forward to '07.

Sometimes new energy from a Manager, coaching staff will translate into re-dedication by players, fans and carry over to over-achievement on the field.

Cubs have potential, but like most other clubs must stay healthy and get consistent starting pitching.

from the article, last paragraph...."In the wake of the Soriano signing, starting pitching remains the Cubs' biggest priority. They expect to add two starters, preferably one by trade. They also have the option of converting newly acquired left-hander Neal Cotts into a starter".

Needed, by most MLB teams.

from the article, last paragraph...."In the wake of the Soriano signing, starting pitching remains the Cubs' biggest priority. They expect to add two starters, preferably one by trade. They also have the option of converting newly acquired left-hander Neal Cotts into a starter".

Needed, by most MLB teams.

Cubs are supposedly ready to deal of starting pitcher Jake Westbrook.

Cubs are supposedly ready to deal of starting pitcher Jake Westbrook.
If I recall, he had a good year with the Indians and could be a good addition for the Cubs, if they are able to get this deal done.

Kind of surprising the Indians would part with him, as I thought they would make a run at the AL Division in '07. You just never know about the winter meetings and free-agency....anything can and often does happen.